Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

OCD Pet Peeves - - -


***Crooked pictures on restaurant walls. (I've been known to get up, cross the floor, and straighten them!)

***Major spelling, grammatical, and factual errors in church bulletins or other printed programs --- even worse when I find them in a novel, what WAS that editor thinking?

***Cupboard doors left hanging open so any mess "hidden" on the inside will show to the entire planet (my children know this about me and do it on purpose to drive me crazy - - - it works)

***Students rearranging my "stuff" on my desk (yep - - - they also do it on purpose to see me melt down)

***The fact that most blog programs won't allow you to capitalize your name in the comment heading (what am I, chopped liver that I don't even rate the respect due to a proper noun???)

***People who have lived with me for 32 years, or their entire life, not knowing where the clean dishes go when they empty the dishwasher - - - it's NOT rocket science, nor does it CHANGE from week to week.

***Serving dishes at a buffet style dinner at MY HOUSE not being arranged in a symmetrical, eye pleasing manner on the kitchen island. We have video evidence of me moving food a fraction of a centimeter to achieve this goal - - - which video elicits howls of laughter from my family. (Watch out children 'o mine - - - you'll be JUST LIKE ME someday!)

I'm sure there are many more - - - but these will do for a start!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, girl! I'm right there with you, except on that last one. That really doesn't bother me, just let me to the food!

5/05/2007 1:41 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Oh, Dixie and I can sure relate to your OCD...we are not ALLOWED in DJ's radio room!!!! Remember how the grandkids always wondered what was in that room??? Today, Dixie layed outside his door for an hour just waiting for her daddy to open the door...well, when I opened she charged in and looked all around for a wire she could put in her mouth and play with...oooppps daddy caught her just in time!!!!

5/05/2007 6:25 PM  
Blogger Kim and Mike said...

One of my biggest pet peeves is when you go into a grocery store, for instance, and something is priced .99¢ instead of $.99 or even 99¢. When it's priced .99¢ I want to give them a penny and tell them to keep the change. Unfortunately, most people don't see what's wrong with .99¢. I guess that must be the numbers/math teacher in me. :)

5/06/2007 12:20 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Kim!!! I don't know that I've ever noticed that one - - - but you are absolutely correct, you should pay a penny and tell them to keep the change!!!! Too funny.

Makes me think of two more - - - when a menu says "Toss Salad" I want to throw lettuce across the room or when it says "Mash Potatoes" I'm all prepared to "beat" some potatoes.

5/06/2007 7:32 AM  
Blogger Keri said...

I beg to differ...I will NEVER need to move the plates and serving dishes 1/3 of an inch to be satisfied with the spread. LOL

5/06/2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Time will tell - - - - - remember the foot thing - - - -

5/06/2007 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH KEETHA - from your lips (or hands) to my heart! We need to join OCD anonymous. When I was a kid I used to straighted the meats in the meat case while my mom was catching up with the meat counter clerk at the grocery store. The sad beginnings ...

Not necessarily OCD, but you know what else drives me absolutely bonkers? Mis-spelling things ON PURPOSE: Kwik Trip, Kountry Kupboard. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

5/06/2007 11:59 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh dear - - - I've been GUILTY of that one - - - especially to make an alliteration with my name.

I did think of another one for me too - - - - paper money that isn't organized. Crumpled, turned every which direction - - - - ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

5/07/2007 3:53 AM  
Blogger Toevs said...

I am with you on so many of those OCD pet peeves... especially the misspellings and the unorganized money! And I have also fixed crooked pictures in a restaurant before too…

As far as misspellings go, I wonder how books get published with things like "siad"? Don't they hit spell check on the computer?!?

I knew of a candidate running for office that had a typo on their flyer... I didn't vote for them because of it.

5/07/2007 8:23 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

These are hilarious! Mine is when people have their windshield wipers on way too high for the amount of rain coming down. I feel like they're going to fly off, and it makes me nervous!

5/07/2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Good points. My pet-peeves are "ice tea" and when people use the numeral one for the adjective and pronoun uses of the word, as in "Don't spend too much time on any 1 question." Numbers one through ten are supposed to be spelled out, anyhow. (There, that's three!)

5/07/2007 12:33 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my - - - - seems my little OCDness is stirring up quite a little tempest!!!!

Next time my family members call me "Monk," I'm going to tell them I'm in GOOD company!!!!

5/07/2007 5:09 PM  
Blogger Toevs said...

I have another... when people mix up the use of "them" and "those"...as in, "I like them shoes".

5/08/2007 6:42 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Ah - - - - the old grammar mistakes!!! That is very common in this part of the world - - - don't you think?

5/08/2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Oh no, and to think I have used the incorrect grammar...."I like them thar shoes"...guess I must change!!!! OK, so I'm not too old to change..

5/08/2007 7:35 PM  
Blogger Toevs said...

I am not trying to offend with the "them" and "those" mix-ups... and I do hear it frequently in this part of the world. It is just the teacher in me that wants to correct it when I hear it. I try to only correct it in my head though, and not out loud. :-)

5/09/2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - I believe I've been known to correct it right out loud!!!! BTW - - - "Grammy" was just teasing, she doesn't talk like that at all!!

5/09/2007 4:44 PM  
Blogger Char said...

I think "them" and "those" are regional vernaculars, but you're right, there is a specific, correct use for each.

Also, when you have movie stars saying things like, "How do you like them apples?" it gets harder for people to keep things straight.

5/10/2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Sense I have been away four awhile, I no eye am commenting on an old post, but I couldn't help but share won of my mom's pet peeves - she's been known too call restaurants and learn them of they're misspellings or grammatical mistakes on there marquees. Yep, she's an english teacher.

5/11/2007 10:10 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Go mom!!!

BTW - - - your comment is cracking me up.

5/12/2007 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home