Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

They Get No Respect - - - - -


Just like Rodney Dangerfield.

I'm talking about my Badgers.

They are rolling over their final opponent of the season as I type. (It's not being shown in my area, so I have to settle for crumbs of info from the little blips on TV and from my ESPN scoreboard on the computer) Which means they will finish their season 11 - 1. True, Buffalo will not be a highly prized scalp to hang on their belt - - - - but it will be another SCALP.

The Badgers have been slowly inching their way up in the poles - - - - - but because their name isn't NOTRE DAME or USC or AUBURN (whom they took to the cleaners at the bowl game last January) or Florida or even West Virginia - - - - - - they simply get NO RESPECT.

Oh, they'll get a bowl game, and I imagine they will beat (dare I say whip) their opponent there. But they will be passed over in consideration for the highest of the high bowls. Why???? Because they GET NO RESPECT.

You think I'm making this up myself???? While I will admit it is how I strongly feel (in case you couldn't guess) I actually heard an ESPN pundit, who is covering the Iowa-Minnesota game today, say it LIVE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION.

Well - - - - - if Bret Bielema improves his Badgers AT ALL for next season (which I'm sure he will) I predict that they make such a splash then that NO ONE will be able to ignore them anymore. Afterall, a Badger is a very tenacious animal. Hide and Watch!!!!!

That's my prediction, and I'm sticking to it.

What do you think, Big Fat Chicken?????

4 Comments:

Blogger Anon said...

We're not perfect by any means, but definitely are getting the undercut from the media. Watch out next year for Wisconsin is what I think. Just a matter of time.

11/19/2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Big Fat - - - - - Did I ever tell you I LOVE you???!!!

11/19/2006 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Badgers!!!

11/20/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks, DDD.

I had to hurry away Sunday as I had an appointment on the north side of town at 12:30. I wanted to come down to chat a bit - - - - - but things were taking too long, so I flew de coop, a move I learned from Big Fat Chicken.

11/20/2006 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home