Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Friday, December 22, 2006

It Takes A Village - - -

To make a house a home.

Oh, that's a blend of two different sayings, isn't it???

Anyway - - - - you may remember Keri giving me a hard time about the lights being out in my village. I spent time rectifying that situation this morning.


Before - - -no electricity, no lights, dust and mayhem. I took everything down, washed the pieces, replaced the bulbs, and reordered the village.

And here's the after - - -


Electrical bills all paid just in time for Christmas - - - - of course, you may not be able to tell that with my flash - - - - but trust me, in person it is OBVIOUS.

I did replace the stockings (shortly AFTER taking this photo) which were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Saint Nicholas soon will be here.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see the little lights. This is very nice.

My sister-in-law has something similar. She won't let us touch it!

12/22/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger lilmomma said...

Ok sounds like a good plan! :) Thank you so much for this, by the way! :)

12/22/2006 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully St. Nick didn't end up in the same place as Turkey Lurkey! Pretty Christmas Village! I thought someone was taking up a collection to get the electricity turned on...did you receive the money? tee hee

12/22/2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

You're cute, Cindy. What I actually needed more than MONEY to turn the electricity on - - - was TIME to play electrician. Hehehehehehe

Char, Keri also has the same type of village - - - she's already posted pictures of hers on her blog.

12/22/2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

You know what, Char - - - if you click on the picture to enlarge it, you actually CAN see that the lights are on in the second one!!! Cool!!

12/22/2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Random post for whomever finds it - - - -

YIPPEEEE!!!! Greg and I did our Christmas shopping today, finished it, and I just finished wrapping. Well, wrapping is stretching it a bit - - - I just finished bagging!!! :-)

12/22/2006 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't know you could do that - click to enlarge a picture. Learn something new every day.

12/22/2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Yah - - - - you can see lots of things better when you click to enlarge a picture. See all the little people in my village? You might even see DUST in the before village

12/22/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Dan & Angie said...

Keetha,

It's as cute as the "Dickens."


Angie

12/23/2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Angie!!!! The houses came from Ace Hardware, so they aren't that expensive kind - - - but they ARE a Dickens line, so you are quite clever with your pun!!!

:-)

12/23/2006 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No dust, but there are a few smudges on the mirror, if you were hoping we'd be observant.

12/23/2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - - those live there PERMANENTLY - - - it is an antique mirror, old glass - - - marks I can't get rid of. I DID wonder if anyone would say anything about that - - - - - :-)

12/23/2006 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., antique - you're off the hook.

12/23/2006 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keetha--

Thanks for your concern! Contrary to Anna's dire foreboding, we left Friday evening and are now settled safe and sound at my folks'.

I know it's Christmas (and not Thanksgiving), but here's what I'm thankful for:

1) We were already planning to spend Christmas elsewhere, and thus able to escape the mayhem.

2) We had no plans for any dramatic entertaining that had to be canceled.

3) The battle for Christmas was won at Calvary!

Have a good Christmas!

12/24/2006 7:25 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Marcia, I'm so glad you left this comment because I have wondered several times if you got to go to Michigan or not.

Enjoy your time away. Try to forget the Mayhem at home - it will be waiting for you when you get back whether you worry about it or not, so skip the worry.

:-)

12/24/2006 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home