Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Do You Remember The Saying - - -


"There's more than corn in Indiana?"

Well - - - there's also more than Ole in Greg. There's also Ross, as in Bob Ross. Yesterday Ross returned after years of "sabbatical."

Unfortunately my photos do NOT do his work justice. There is much more richness of both color and texture in his paintings than what these pictures indicate.


Mixing paints on his palette with a medium sized brush.


Sketching in details with a tiny brush.


Softening and adding reflections with a large brush.

This technique also uses knives and fan shaped brushes to add texture and detail.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Greg, thank you so much for starting my B-day present early. I LOVE IT!!!!! And the colors will look GREAT with my decor!!! Who could ask for a better son xoxox!!!! How did I get so lucky??? Give me a call if you want to know how much I will bid for that painting....

MOMMY

1/14/2007 10:33 AM  
Blogger Char said...

So Greg has an artistic side! These paintings are wonderful!

1/14/2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger Keri said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I love Dad's paintings!!!! I should take a picture of the one he gave me and share it on my blog!!! I'm happy to see him painting again!

1/14/2007 12:29 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Keri -
Me too!!! I will share pics of mine when I post my 1st pics....I am learning my blog....slowly but surely. How to post pics is next.

I also have the one he gave to Grandma Darter and will share it too.

Just tried to call "Ole" on the phone to place a bid...no answer!!!
I'll keep trying.

1/14/2007 12:50 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Greg will always have a fan club - - - the president is his mother and the social director is his daughter!!! :-)

1/14/2007 2:44 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Char - - - his paintings really are MUCH better in reality than these photos. I'm gonna see if I can get better photos today.

1/14/2007 2:45 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

What do you think about the Patriots winning?

1/14/2007 10:23 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I am EXUBERANT over the Patriots winning. 1) We get to play them in OUR BACK YARD!!! 2) We've played them - - - and beaten them - - - this year. 3) I think we will stand up better to them than to the Chargers 4) Peyton seems to have gotten somewhat over his Patriotaphobia

I am excited now - - - - if our defense will just keep STANDING UP like they've been doing - - - -

I HOPE the pundits keep bad mouthing us - - - - seems to me that has given us the motivation to prove them wrong.

GO COLTS!!!!!!

1/14/2007 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home