Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ever Feel Like a Pirate?


You know - - - have one of those days that makes you want to go "AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH" multiple times?

I'm having one.

I won't even elaborate on the FIRST three things that made me frustrated.

Here's the LATEST one: I decided tonight on my way home from church to stop and fill up with gas since the indicator light had come on telling me I needed to do so. I stopped at the 'variety' of gas station which I always use, pulled out my little handy dandy credit card. which I pay off monthly btw - - - same vintage as the station - - - and attempted to get my gas.

The machine - - - of course it is smarter than me anyway - - - told me to "see the cashier." I thought that was strange as in the entire TWENTY YEARS I've been using that company and their card it has NEVER told me that before. I tried again. Same
irritating message. So - - -thinking something might be wrong with THAT pump, I backed up to the one behind me and tried again.

No go - - - - still told me to see the cashier. I decided to pump my gas, go see the cashier and see what in the world the problem was. FORTUNATELY, I didn't fill up, but stopped at a dollar amount I could handle if my card wouldn't work for the cashier either.

As I began to walk into the station, a thought struck me (unusual I know - - - but it happened none the less) and I checked the expiration date on my card. BINGO - - - I've been expired since the last day of February.

Nope - - - little teenage cashier can't help me, so I have to use my debit card - - - which I DID NOT WANT TO DO.

Came home, called Greg to see if new cards had come and he had just forgotten to tell me or give me mine. NOPE

Called the customer service number on the back of the card to find out why they haven't sent the new ones and to request them.

Female voice on the other end says, "Ma'am, you are not an authorized card user, only Greg is. You will need to put him on the phone, I can't talk to you."

I assure her that if it wasn't for me she would never get a single check to pay the gas bill, and could I give her Greg's SS# as all I want her to do is send out new cards.

Nope - - - I am persona nonexistent - - - I do not count - - - I am unacceptable, Greg may not WANT new cards. I inquire why new cards were not automatically sent to us. She said they were. I assured her we do not have them. She says only Greg can request them. She does not care that he is at work until 2 a.m.

I hang up the phone, and that is when the uncontrollable pirate urge SWEEPS over me.

So - - - I did the only sensible thing. I came to the computer to tell all of you my tale of woe, and to make that lovely pirate sound:

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


7 Comments:

Blogger Char said...

Trust me - it's not you.

Actually, I was hoping for news on how Kyle did at the Ball state competition.

3/11/2007 10:20 PM  
Blogger Anon said...

Yes, I so understand that. I'm having my husband get my name on the credit card too. I've never had problems with it before until the last few months. So, we're going through that lovely little process right now.

You're not alone!!!!!! :)

3/11/2007 10:47 PM  
Blogger Jaena said...

Me too, Keetha. I called to cancel a fuel card that I signed up for, and they wouldn't let me do it because (you guessed it) JIM had to call. Since when are we wives nothing?

I mean, I'm all for being married (50 years, hopefully); but our husbands treat us like we count, why can't companies and customer service reps?

3/11/2007 11:24 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Wow - - - - I'm not alone!!! :-)

Here's a question for her - - - If I'm not authorized, then why have they been taking my signature all this time BOTH on fuel charges AND on the check that pays the bill each month?

3/12/2007 3:46 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Hey, there's a thought! They can take, but they can't give.

Some of it is probably a backlash to fraud, but I think it has gone too far. Women are equally responsible for the debt, so we should be equally responsible for the account.

How's this, run up a big debt, knock of your husband, and when the collector comes around, say, "But, it was xxx's card!" THEN, we'll see who's responsible!

3/12/2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - but I don't REALLY want to 'knock my husband off!' (Don't worry Grammy - - - I'm planning to KEEP him!)

He made the call today - - - new cards are in the mail and MY NAME is on one of them.

3/12/2007 6:17 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Yea! Now you can get gas. I just couldn't picture you hitch hiking to school every morning!

3/13/2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home