Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Snook


For thirty-one years I've been hearing about them, though I've never had the opportunity to MEET one myself.

"They" say they're the BEST tasting fish on the planet, but they are a GAME fish so cannot be purchased in a market nor ordered in a restaurant.

It must be snook season, then one must CATCH one of the appropriate size, CLEAN it, FRY it, then EAT it. Since we do not live in Florida and have rarely visited during snook season, this has never been in the realm of possibility for me.

Well - - - my resident fisherman is in Florida now, it IS snook season, and he CAUGHT one last night. Unfortunately, it wasn't of a worthy size so he had to RELEASE it, but did call to tell me all about it.

I reminded him that if he catches one of eatable size he can CLEAN it, FREEZE it, then WRAP it in his clothing at the middle of his suitcase and it will make the trip via airplane to Indiana still FROZEN.

There is hope that I may yet get to TASTE this natural wonder of the Western World.

Stay tuned to this blog for further "SNOOKDATES."

2 Comments:

Blogger grammy said...

YES for having Greg catch a "keeper" and YES even if he has to bring it home in his clothes...there is NO fish better. I have a picture of two swimming by our dock when we lived on the Orange River...I made the mistake of showing the picture to the people looking at our house(remember Jim wanted to sell and I wanted to stay) anyway...the people bought our house and hence our move to Madison!!!! BOO HOO!!! When hurricane season starts in two months I will once again be so happy we live up here away from Gulf. Now I want to live on a lake!!!

Hope he catches another one he can bring home to you Keetha. You will LOVE it!!!!

3/29/2007 9:01 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

OK - - - maybe I should make the 'wrapped in clothes' thing more clear - - - - -

You freeze the fish fillets inside a freezer bag - - - then you wrap the whole thing in a clean towel - - - then you bury that inside the clothes in your suitcase. The clothes make a cooler and keep the fish frozen 'til you get home. It works FABULOUSLY!!

3/29/2007 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home