Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things - - -


In no particular order:

***My grandchildren :-)

***Football - - -college, pro, classic, the draft - - - - you get the picture, the whole shebang!!!

***Comfy jammies - - -got 'em on right now!!

***New school supplies

***Lilacs in the spring (and that's all I'll say about that)

***A sparkling clean house - - - notice I didn't say I liked TO CLEAN - - - just that I like it to BE clean (and it ISN'T right now, and it's driving me nuts!)

***Clean laundry (ditto the clean house disclaimer)

***Soft, fly-away hair on the top of a baby's head, which goes right along with the freshly bathed baby smell - - -

***Blogging - - - writing blogs, reading blogs, commenting on blogs!! Whooo Hoooo for blogs!!!

***Time to call my own - - - I fill it with reading a good book, or napping, or watching football, or blogging or - - -

***"Grazing" at a buffet - - - preferably a potluck type meal where all the items are crafted with love in someone ELSE'S kitchen.

***Organized paper money - - - all denominations in ascending order, heads up, all facing the same direction, no wrinkles. Ahhhhh - - - the satisfaction!!!

***Nostalgic memories - - - traditions, family times, school days - - - all of it

***Jig saw puzzles - - - not just any kind, my favorites are "folky" art pictures so I can get at least one finished a day when I'm on vacation.

***New snow - - - no foot prints, no smuts, lots of diamond sparkles

***A sunny day at Vanderbilt Beach, Naples, FL

***DeBrand chocolate

***Playing Euchre with good friends

***Good friends

***Wisconsin Northwoods - - - especially Gull Lake and Hayward.

***Time spent in a porch swing or deck chair

***YOU leaving comments on my blog :-)

14 Comments:

Blogger Toevs said...

I have many favorites too. In fact, I posted on it awhile back. You can read about all my favorites in my archives. :-)

Thanks for being a faithful commenter (is that a word?) on my blog... people leaving comments is among my favorites too. :-)

5/10/2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

We have a lot of the same favorites!! I especially like the ones about snow, porch swing and comfortable jammies!! I even have the one piece jammies with the feet, like little kids have! They are the best when it's really cold!

5/10/2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Same here, but I might change the locations or the brand names.

Close to the top would be the buffet meal with homemade dishes. I gag every time I start planning a meal with one of my mom's groups and someone says, "I'll just pick that up at Costco." The quality of community meals has really gone down since Costco opened. Those huge muffins were a novelty for a while, but not any more!

5/10/2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Ronda (is that right?) actually I saw your blog about favorite things when you posted it!!! I had already been mulling that over in my mind, so decided to wait a while for mine so it didn't look like a direct copy!!! AND - - - you are welcome for the comments on your blog. I love to get them, so I give them generously figuring if someone has a blog, they probably want it to be noticed to some degree or other!!!

Shannon, I no longer have any jammies with the feet still in them - - - but HAVE had those in my adult past!!!!

Char - - - Confession: though I do love homemade, I must confess to occasionally taking things to a potluck which aren't!!

5/10/2007 4:41 PM  
Blogger Char said...

This should probably go in the OCD column, but speaking of jammies, I wonder if the people who design the clothing catalogs have ever lived in a cold climate. I see these pictures of women lounging in winter fleece while wearing tiny slippers with open backs. Don't they know your ankles get cold, too? Then, I see pictures of cute summer PJs but the tops have sleeves. Don't they know that if I'm trying to fall asleep on a humid summer night I don't want something with sleeves in it? NOT my favorite things.

5/11/2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - too funny. I guess to each his own. I live in a cold climate and I actually prefer the backless slippers - - - as long as the toe area is nice and warm.

AND - - - I do like sleeves in my summer pj's - - - air conditioning is just chilly enough that I like a little sleeve.

I guess we're all different - - -

5/11/2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger Jaena said...

Yep, I can echo quite a few of those, but I would add in getting a good night's sleep with no one to wake me up in the morning. :)

5/11/2007 8:20 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I like that one too - - - Jaena!!!

5/11/2007 9:13 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I love it when the seasons are changing and the house does not need heat or air conditioning to be comfortable...kind of like tonight!

5/11/2007 10:13 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

That's a good one, Deb!!! Hey - - - welcome BACK to blogland!!

5/12/2007 5:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOVe you favorites. Ditto on the lilacs in the spring! I LOVE them. Thought I would add to your collection of comments.

5/12/2007 4:40 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks Kim!!

5/12/2007 5:12 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

...hearing those sweet words "Mimi & Popi"
...Rob Bell's books
...clearance racks/shelves at Target
...holidays with the family all home
...celtic music

Kathy

5/22/2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

a few more of my favorite things...
...waking up in San Pedro, Guatemala to the sounds of chickens, dogs, cats and the smell of wood burning stoves and coffee beans drying in the sun.
...the smiles of Michaela, Pedro, Pablo, Axel, Maria, etc. when we arrive in their town.
...the first glimpse of Lake Atitlan at a vista in the mountains
...the joy of a Guatemalan child receiving a new pair of shoes or sandals.
...washing the feet of a tired Guatemalan woman.

Kathy T.

5/22/2007 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home