Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Our Beloved Aunt Kitty

Aunt Kitty is my dad's "baby" sister. She is #13 of 13 siblings. She has a smile for all, a gentle sense of humor, and the most tender, supportive heart on the planet.

Now she needs us to support her.

Several weeks ago Aunt Kitty broke her femur. Instead of finding that it was caused by the osteoporosis all we Heavilin "girls" are so prone to develop, it was discovered it was caused by cancer.

Now we know that the primary site was in her lung - - - total nonsmoker though she is - - - and that the most urgent cancer is a tumor in the parietal lobe of her brain.

We are hoping the brain tumor is operable. With surgery and aggressive chemotherapy her prognosis is 3 years. Without it, 3 months.

We as a family are stunned. None of us is ready to give up our darling Aunt Kitty.

Please pray.

8 Comments:

Blogger Marc and Charity said...

Oh my goodness, I will pray now for y'all. I'm so sorry.

5/03/2008 4:42 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you, Charity. I am hoping and praying that she will be a candidate for the neurosurgery. She will see a neurosurgeon on Monday.

5/03/2008 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this on our beloved Aunt Kitty. Everyone should have a Aunt Kitty just like her. Jackie Sue

5/03/2008 5:17 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I know, Yackie.

I'm making plans to go see her as soon as school is out and I'm going to take all of the 9a's that can go.

5/03/2008 5:45 PM  
Blogger Char said...

At least two people in the church have had successful brain tumor surgery. One is now starting the fifth year of a tumor-free life, so I'll pray for the best possible outcome. "Surprises"like this are always hard to deal with.

5/03/2008 11:53 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you Char!!

5/04/2008 7:20 AM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

In prayer.

5/05/2008 9:02 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks, Leigh.

5/05/2008 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home