Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Someone Said I Had To - - -


Participate in a game of tag. Someone was Number One Daughter.

Four Jobs I've Held

1) Church janitor. My sister "shared" this job with me. Once she nearly scared me spitless by leaving a dummy sitting in a chair where I would stumble across him.

2) Babysitting. One night the babysittees had to become my babysitter when I became deathly ill from the after effects of a typhoid fever shot I had been given in preparation for a trip to Africa, where I was nearly crushed by a stampeding elephant. No Lie.

3) Medical Transcription. Oh the stories I could tell of hospital experiences - - - but I won't.

4) Teaching MS and HS science - - - definitely the MOST challenging of the four. You wanna know why I go to bed before dark - - - this is the job that does it to me!!!


Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over

1) Quigley Down Under - my favorite all time. In fact, I HAVE watched it over and over.

2) A Walk in the Clouds - are there really men like Keanu Reeves in this movie????

3) The Wedding Planner - Love the whole chemistry thing between Mary and Steve in this one - - - well, I AM a science teacher after all!!!

4) What About Bob - baby steps, folks.



Four Places I've Lived

1) A darling little yellow two story parsonage in Spooner, Wisconsin which my grandfather built and in which my mom lived when she was a little girl. Awwwwww how special is that?

2) A big old brick barn of a house which wasn't insulated and in which we nearly froze to death in Kernersville, North Carolina.

3) A three bedroom ranch which sat IN A LAKE every time it rained in Bluffton, Indiana.

4) Our Bayside pop-up camper in multiple delightful environments. We always think the site we have is the best we've EVER had.


Four TV Shows I Like

1) CSI - NY

2) NCIS

3) Bones (Getting the "theme" here?)

4) To the Manor Born (Ah Ha - - - broke the theme and fooled ya, didn't I?)


Four Favorite Foods

1) Anything from La Charreada. (in a little aside voice - - - I phoned there one evening this week to order take out and they RECOGNIZED MY VOICE and knew me. Hmmmm maybe I've eaten there a few too many times!!!)

2) Potatoes - - - baked, fried, french fried, mashed, in potato salad, in cheesy potato casserole - - - just not RAW.

3) Chicken and Noodles over mashed potatoes. YUM, even better if the noodles are homemade, they still do that in Indiana, ya know!!! I have even done it - - - just not while I'm teaching full time. And for all you non-Hoosier doubting Thomases who think noodles wouldn't be good on mashed potatoes - - - let me challenge you to just TRY IT ONCE already.

4) Maui-Maui grilled and swimming in a sea of garlic butter.


Four Places I'd Like to Be

1) In "our" cabin on Gull Lake near Hayward, Wisconsin. It's only "ours" for the two weeks we RENT it each July.

2) Retired and in "our" home on Gull Lake near Hayward Wisconsin. (Doesn't exist - - - but it's where I'd LIKE to be.)

3) Sitting right here at home for the weekend blogging and watching college football. Preferably a FOUR DAY weekend. (Never mind that it isn't football season yet - - - you asked me where I'd LIKE to be, and that's it)

4) At Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wisconsin watching "my" Badgers win a football game, preferably beating Ohio State or MI. (Sorry all you Wolverines and Buckeyes - but admit it, YOU'D like your teams to beat mine, so we're even)



Four People I Tag

1) One of my newest blogging buddies who is a constant visitor and commenter on my blog - - - THANK YOU, Headless!!

2) Shannon,
AKA Freckled Mama, my dear friend who brings me lunch and lets me pretend to be the grandma to her little Halle!!

3) Co-worker, cbox communicator, and friend Deven of Swan Song!!

4) Ronda, the administrator of Toev's Times, who often leaves me special posts on her blog.


(Sorry, I'm severely links challenged so if you want to see these folks' blogs, you'll have to click on their links in my sidebar.)

11 Comments:

Blogger I can't find my blog said...

This is the first time I've been officially tagged. I'll let you know when it's up.

I learned a lot about you!

5/02/2008 10:46 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Noodles and mashed potatoes. The very best thing about being a (native) Hoosier.

Hey Keetha . . . Any more calls from Hillary?? ;-)

5/02/2008 11:28 PM  
Blogger Jaena said...

It's good to know my brother is alive and well in blogland, even if he never has a new post himself.

Keetha, do you like Mi Pueblo or just La Charreada?

5/03/2008 6:11 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Headless, I'll be watching for your tag.

Joel - - - I'm really glad to know you are still out there amongst the living. Hillary hasn't called any more. I guess she found someone better than moi to be her "blogger to the president"

Jaena, Mi Pueblo is OK - - - but their salsa is boring, and since I pour salsa all over my food I like La Char soooooo much better. Besides - - - I'm not "KNOWN' at Mi Pueblo!!! Hehehehehehe

5/03/2008 6:56 AM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

I've taught high school science too. Chemistry and Biology for homeschoolers. All my classes were in the 7-8 pupils range. We celebrate Mole Day with cupcakes and do the dance of joy when all the fungi sprout in the Fall. I still have all the equipment and several preserved dead bodies in my basement....

5/03/2008 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you retire to your cabin on Gull Lake, we'll just have to get you involve in church. We've been looking for people with experience in teaching Junir High and church janitoring.

5/03/2008 8:56 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Mark - - - I'm sure we'd be "involved" at your church - - - but NOT as janitors. Been there, done that!!!

5/03/2008 8:57 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Ah ha! I see! So what does that mean, what do I have to do if I'm tagged?

5/03/2008 4:28 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Shannon, You are supposed to give your "four" things on your blog - - - the same set of things that I gave and then tag four people at the end.

5/03/2008 4:51 PM  
Blogger Deven said...

Ok. I did mine. :)

5/04/2008 12:02 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you, Deven!!!

5/04/2008 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home