Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hubby's Folly


AKA "In Which Hubby Builds a Gigantic Monstrosity for the Back Yard"


Digging the post hole for the edifice.


Temporary bracing to hold the "Eiffel Tower" until the concrete sets up.


I told him I was registering a protest about his hanging the heavy bird feeder on "The Folly" BEFORE the concrete had set up.

He said "I'll file your protest away in the round file of my mind - - - where I file MOST of your protests."

Later he plans to shorten the arms a bit and then paint his "Masterpiece" to match the deck.

Stay tuned for updates - - -

11 Comments:

Blogger Char said...

Is there like, any good reason he put it over your tulip bed?

4/26/2008 10:18 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - that particular tulip bed was around the PREVIOUS bird seed pole - - - which was thin and metal and could be blown over. So, he REPLACED that bird seed holder with this more sturdy one. We will adjust the tulip bed this fall.

The temporary supports will be gone by tomorrow.

4/26/2008 10:40 PM  
Blogger Martin LaBar said...

Well, it ought to work. . .

4/27/2008 6:49 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

He's rather proud of it. It lasted overnight - - - so I think he was justified to place my dire predictions about not putting the weight on while the concrete was still wet in the round file of his mind.

4/27/2008 7:05 AM  
Blogger Keri said...

Dad's always been good at making stuff! He made our bunk beds! Hmmm maybe one day I'll be asking him to make more bunk beds! =)

I think it looks nice!

And the protest story cracked me up. Just like the "petty complaints" story from last week.

4/27/2008 1:27 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I know - - - he's a laugh a minute!!!

He finished it today all but the painting. It looks really good now - - - minus the temporary supports and with the "arms" cut down a bit.

4/27/2008 1:50 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Your yard looks beautiful! I'm sure the birds will appreciate the wonderful structure.

4/27/2008 7:43 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Shannon, remember how DEAD our yard was last fall? It's rather AMAZING how nice it is again now, isn't it?

4/27/2008 7:45 PM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

So what is it, a place for bird feeders? A May pole? A laundry dryer, a power provider in which a mule will be hooked to turn?

4/27/2008 9:09 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Leigh - - - - I LOVE your last suggestion.

Your first was correct.

4/28/2008 4:09 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Leigh, you're a creative one. Some of your suggestions would make good high school essays. ;^)

4/28/2008 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home