Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rose-Breasted Grosbeak

We had one at our feeder this evening.

Gorgeousness!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Shoemaker Family said...

I LOVE THESE GUYS!!! Last year we had like four "couples" all summer long that hung out at our bird area. We just LOVED watching them. They are so unique!!

4/30/2008 8:20 PM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Beautiful! My mom had some of these at her feeder, I love to watch them.

4/30/2008 8:33 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

So beautiful. Do you keep track of all of the various birds that visit your feeders? We have feeders but I don't keep records like our Florida friends do. We gave my parents a bird book several years ago and they love to "check off" all visitors.

4/30/2008 9:26 PM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

He's beautiful! Now I know why Greg went to such trouble to put up such an elaborate feeder! Excellent job!

4/30/2008 9:49 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Allison - - - oh how we WISH he would stay, with his mate, in our yard all summer. We've had them before, but they just seemed to be passing through.

Kathy, I don't keep records per se, but we watch the birds every day. We have MANY regulars, but Mr. Grosbeak has just been an occasional sighting so far.

Headless, Yes, hubby's folly is paying off. Though, we had MANY birds before, but the large feeder was too heavy for the other holder.

5/01/2008 4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, very strange because I remember answering, only I can't find my answer. Anyway, I just like the sound of it and I think it captures the feeling of living in a big city... at least to me.

5/01/2008 1:34 PM  
Blogger Martin LaBar said...

Beautiful!

5/01/2008 2:15 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks Plastic - - - that's good enough for me!!!!

5/01/2008 4:28 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Are you keeping a tally? It would be interesting to see which varieties (maybe I should say "species") come by.

5/02/2008 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home