Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Case of the Missing Cheese

I often eat a slice of pepperjack cheese or a piece of string cheese for lunch at school. I purchase some cheese and place it in the refrigerator in the faculty work room so it will be there when I need/want it.

Last time I bought a super-sized pack of string cheese (on sale, of course) and thought it would last me a LONG time, maybe even until the end of the school year. But alas - - - in just a few days it was almost gone.

Now, I AM big eater - - - but even I did not consume 30 some sticks of string cheese in just a matter of a few days. I began to suspect that there was a mouse amongst us who was nibbling on my cheese at an astonishing rate.

So - - - this morning when I brought a NEW supply of cheese, I placed it - - - package and all - - - in a zip lock bag. I wrote my name on the outside of the bag and put a large rubber band around the whole package to make SURE it was secure and to give the "STAY OUT OF THIS CHEESE" message. I placed all that in the refrigerator around 7:30 this morning.

At about 10:30, during my planning period, I decided to go check on my cheese.

I could not believe my EYES!!!!

Someone had TORN a large gaping RENT in the baggie, ripped into the packaging, and taken a string cheese. I'm SURE they took one because I COUNTED them.

Now - - - - who in the WORLD is nabbing my dairy products???????

I tell ya - - - it's a case of GRAND THEFT CHEESE!!!!!!

Oh how I wish there was a security camera beamed down on that refrigerator door.

15 Comments:

Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I am sorry Keetha. I admit. I took your cheese. I love cheese. What can I say?

4/30/2008 8:38 PM  
Blogger Deven said...

oh my word!! a thief among us...

4/30/2008 8:53 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

I didn't take your cheese but I did take the rest of some yummy chocolate dessert at our house :)

4/30/2008 9:25 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Yes Deven - - - you better GUARD your eatables!!!!!

Leigh - - - GIVE IT BACK!!!

Kathy - - - Chocolate dessert sounds pretty yummy too!!

5/01/2008 4:32 AM  
Blogger Shoemaker Family said...

This is absolutely one of my biggest pet peeves!!! I had a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi in the fridge and was out for a few days with sick boys...and when I came back it was a 3 pack...

You're welcome for the pop!!!!

Hope someone stops cutting the cheese at work...

5/01/2008 9:21 AM  
Blogger Keri said...

Please tell me you eat more than ONE piece of cheese for lunch!!!!

And you know, if it's a MAN stealing your cheese, you need to be much more specific with your note. Like "This is Keetha's cheese, please ask before taking one!!!"

5/01/2008 10:55 AM  
Blogger Lone Butterfly said...

That's awful! I would just booby-trap your cheese. I've had to do that at work, when people stole my food.

It's cruel, but it works.

Now, if food has my name on it, it will sit for DAYS untouched. Strike fear into them. ;)

5/01/2008 1:37 PM  
Blogger Bart and Paula Wakeman said...

LOL Keetha!!! I would feel the same way if someone stole my cheese!

Like Keri said, you are probably going to have to leave a detailed note to protect it!

5/01/2008 1:52 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Now it says "Keep Out"

Is THAT specific enough????

Come on - - - they TORE the baggie open for goodness sakes!!! I think when you start TEARING baggies open you probably have a pretty good CLUE that you aren't supposed to be eating that stuff!!!

Keri - - - I usually eat a granola bar too. Look at me - - - - I could SKIP lunch for the REST of my life and still be totally healthy.

5/01/2008 4:31 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Allison - - - the line about someone cutting the cheese at work was pretty good!!!

5/01/2008 4:32 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

You must solve the mystery. If I was there, I'd investigate for you. If you want me to come over there, you just let me know- you can pay me with cheese- Halle loves it!

5/01/2008 4:33 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Speaking of investigating and setting booby traps - - - I DID consider coating the OUTSIDE of the baggie with silver nitrate - - - that is CLEAR on plastic and turns BLACK on skin. That OUGHT to give me a clue.

But - - - I haven't done that.

Today I MOVED my cheese to the refrigerator in the office - - - - surely no one would be brave enough to STEAL out of a refrigerator right outside the administrator's office!!!!

5/01/2008 4:36 PM  
Blogger Char said...

I think someone is playing a trick on you. I vote for the hidden camera.

5/02/2008 7:14 PM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Really, did you find out who the culpret is? LOL?
Someone at my hsubands work was stealing their sandwiches!!! He sent the following email out to the company that Big Daddy and I laughed at :

09/19/2000 11:52 AM

To: Grandview
cc:
Subject: STOLEN SANDWICH

Today my sandwich was taken from the 5th floor breakroom refrigerator. Please check your food carefully before taking it from the refrigerator. And for whomever got my sandwich, I hope you enjoy bologna and cheese.
This is pushing this Survival Week thing a little far don't you think.

5/05/2008 9:06 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Nope - - - I still don't know who's been enjoying cheese at my expense.

I think your hubby's co-worker's e-mail is GREAT. Too funny, and too true!!!

5/05/2008 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home