Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Something Sneaky This Way Comes - - -


Several of the bird feeders hanging from the Lawn Brawn's Masterpiece have been falling off.

Hubby was quite puzzled as to what could be the cause of these disasters. I mean, the Masterpiece is quite stable - - - so why are London Bridges Falling Down?

To make matters worse, when the feeders fall, COPIOUS amounts of expensive bird food - - - especially large chunks of seed and nut encrusted suet - - - walk away. Now these suet cakes are tightly enclosed in a wire basket, so how can they just walk away?

We had a toad strangler weekend so the yard is quite muddy today even though the sun is back.

Tonight as I ate my supper, I looked out at the Leaning Tower of Pisa an what did I see?


Mystery solved. (See that suet holder on the ground?)


Methinks the culprit is a sneaky old raccoon!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Ewwww, I hate racoons! Ok, so get your camouflage on and camp out on the deck- as soon as you find the culprit, capture and print him. If you find a match- you know what to do...have hubby take care of him.

5/12/2008 7:06 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I don't like raccoons either - - - I'm scared of them. I think I'll have HUBBY camp out on the deck to catch the culprit!!!! :-)

5/12/2008 8:16 PM  
Blogger Indian Lake Papa said...

We live trapped five raccoons in one week that were bothering our bird feeder - I used a 5' section of stove pipe to finally keep them down! I just put it around the 4x4 .

5/12/2008 10:35 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I thought about covering the base of it with some metal. It won't be as "pretty" that way - - - but I bet it would be effective.

5/13/2008 1:55 AM  
Blogger Lone Butterfly said...

Awwww - Racoons are God's creatures, just like birds and squirrels!

Poor little things don't want to be bandits! They just get a bad rap.

(I love the photo of the prints!)

5/13/2008 9:44 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Well - - -they ARE bandits if they take our BIRD food!!! Don't have any raccoon food out there. :-)

5/13/2008 4:33 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

Well I guess my squirrel idea was way off!! LOL

5/13/2008 5:33 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Next time they come by ask them if they've seen your cheese.

5/13/2008 7:24 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Char!!!

Keri - - - I thought squirrels too until I saw those paw prints!!!

5/14/2008 4:08 AM  
Blogger Jaena said...

Good sleuthing! :)

5/14/2008 5:55 AM  
Blogger Indian Lake Papa said...

Have the critters been dealt with yet ?? I would be surprised if its only one!!

5/14/2008 8:48 AM  
Blogger Darla said...

Hi Aunt Keetha! Your new niece from Papa's blog! LOL

we had the same problem with squirrels...you can make the metal pretty...paint flowers and stuff on it..they feel the metal and retreat...maybe even a windchime that would move when they start to clmb...mmmmm now I am thinking about this.... :)

5/14/2008 10:46 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I'm letting the hubby deal with the critters - - - and nope, he hasn't done anything about them yet.

He DID secure his suet feeder better though, and so far they have not been able to knock it down since.

5/14/2008 6:02 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

We've got ourselves a raccoon too! We set a live trap and managed to get our dog, a neighborhood stray cat, and an opossum. No raccoon yet!

5/16/2008 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home