Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Monday, December 03, 2007

The "Joys" of Christmas Lights


A few years ago, hubby and I decided to break our "forever" tradition of only getting real Christmas trees. Frankly, I was tired. Almost too tired to try to decorate for Christmas. We THOUGHT an artificial tree would be easier - - - you know, no needles and all that.

We used that first tree for several Christmases, but the grass just wasn't all that green on the other side of that fence. I mean, one had to fluff smashed branches and THEN decorate.

Then we had another brilliant brainstorm. Why not get a PRELIT tree. Surely that would be WONDERFUL.

The first year it was. (Though it didn't solve even one fluffing problem.)

The second year, one strand of lights was burned out and it took hubby HOURS to track down the problem and fix it.

The next year - - - more strands of no-light.

Finally last year, he gave up on making the built in lights in one section of the tree work and added a renegade strand to fill in the gap.

Behold gorgeous prelit tree this year - - -



NOT ONE LIGHT will glow.

True, it isn't all the way set up yet, and no branches are "fluffed," but it's pretty dismal, isn't it!?!

I'll keep you illuminated about our progress - - - - pun intended.


5 Comments:

Blogger Keri said...

WOW your putting your tree up before December 22!!! HEHE =)

That picture made me laugh!

12/03/2007 9:27 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I wanted a picture of dad in there working on it - - - but didn't catch him at it. (Though it was one of his better butt crack moments!!!!)

:-)

Oh, don't worry - - - I'll still keep it up 'till July.

12/04/2007 4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I like having a basement...just take the tree to the basement already "fluffed", cover with a tree cover (or sheets) and next year you just carry the tree back upstairs, not much "fluffing" to be done! The lights are another problem...Good luck!

12/04/2007 9:01 AM  
Blogger grammy said...

As Macky would say "light on"!!!!!

12/04/2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

We NEED "yight on" - - - I'll see when I get home today whether he has solved the no-light problem or not.

Thanks for the idea, Cindy - - - but unfortunately, no basement in our house.

k

12/04/2007 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home