Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Did It - - -


All by myself!!!!


I'm talking about making a links list in my blog sidebar.

I've WANTED to do this for simply AGES, but my template didn't COME with a sidebar links heading and I LIKE my template and I DON'T like change - - - so I had a quandary.

Several people have TRIED to tell me what do do, but they were speaking GEEK so I smiled and nodded and pretended that they made perfect sense to me when in actuality I was as lost as the Poor Babes in the Woods. Any attempts I made to follow their instructions turned out to be futile.

This morning Headless sent me an e-mail complete with instructions which were in clear and simple ENGLISH and I thought to myself, "self, you can do this." So I attempted to follow her simple steps.

Immediately I had a problem, I couldn't find the "layout" or "page elements" buttons she recommended. I was about to give up in despair yet once again when "it" happened.

I don't know HOW "it" happened, nor could I make "it" happen again nor could I direct anyone else to "it."

I found a "help" button with a list of sample links and really pitiful instructions (at least for an html illiterate like myself - - - sorry dear Mentor Prof, I KNOW you tried to computer-cate me) about how to CREATE a links list where none existed in your template.

And after some trial and error - - - I am a scientist of sorts you know - - - I SUCCEEDED and EUREKA - - - LOOK IN MY SIDEBAR!!!!!!

I had fun giving all of you, my dear bloggy friends, a moniker. I HOPE you can: 1) find yourself and 2) recognize the linky path my mind took when I monikered you.

You may let me know if you do or don't like your new moniker, but don't expect me to change it. :-)

A few "side" notes (pun intended):

Anon and Headless - - - I think you will enjoy each other as you are both trying to have fun with blogging while remaining in some anonymity and doing it in entirely different ways. Both of you deserve the "Bloggers Anonymous Creativity Award."

Kari and Kim - - - don't ask me HOW my memory was suddenly jogged to bring back THAT old thing, but once jogged, it was just tooooo fun to pass up, and I made Kari number one since I see her more often.

Deven and Dustin (my favorite nephew) I COULDN'T resist your puns even though one of the meanings doesn't fit in each of your cases.

And last but certainly not least, DEB - - - I realize a blog is basically a monologue, but there's just no alliteration in that!!! (Later addendum - - - NEVERMIND!!! I found the perfect "D" word and took out "Dialogue")


29 Comments:

Blogger I can't find my blog said...

Guess I got here before the big reveal moment...Congrats!! It looks great and thanks for the kind words. I did go check out Anon-she must be on a bloggy break? But enjoyed her anyway. I love the eyes only pics! Looking forward to picking thru the rest of the links!

1/12/2008 2:08 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Yes, Anon comes and goes with her blogging. BUT, when she is "on" she is really funny. She's worth waiting for!! (Hear that, Anon?)

1/12/2008 2:10 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Headless, when you have time check out Anon's Dec. 2006 archives. You'll see how she came to my blogging party and her Christmas Choice Portraits. Funny girl.

1/12/2008 2:13 PM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

I did sitemeter-let me know (in a more private email, please) how you use it...Thx

1/12/2008 2:56 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I love it!! Great job! Thanks! I need to see you soon!

1/12/2008 2:58 PM  
Blogger Jaena said...

Well, thanks for the compliment on my age, Keetha; but one would think that a brain like you could figure that if I was part of the LCS 1988 graduating class, I am not half your age. (Unless you are 72!) ;)

1/12/2008 3:06 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Hey girlie (Jaena) I didn't COMPUTE - - - I just spoke without thinking, as usual!!!! :-) BUT - - - I LIKE your title, so let's KEEP IT!!!

1/12/2008 3:21 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Besides, Jaena, maybe I AM 72!!!!

wink wink

Shannie - - - when can we get together???

1/12/2008 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for adding me to your link list. congratulations on the breakthrough!

1/12/2008 4:04 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I guess you recognized yourself RIGHT AWAY?!?

I realize I'm html challenged - - - but hey, I display PERSEVERANCE!!!

1/12/2008 4:12 PM  
Blogger Deven said...

Keetha, I'm so proud of you! And I think I'll have to put Swan Song on my next L-Club shirt.

1/12/2008 4:37 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

YAY!!!! I did something clever enough to be COPIED!!!! :-)

1/12/2008 5:03 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Keetha, I clicked on ALL of the blog links. Some I knew and some I did not. Way to go! I knew you could do it. I did it awhile back and don't know if I could do it again - ha!

1/12/2008 8:30 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I have some fun people in my links. Some good "oldies" and some fun newbies. Headless Mom and Boomama are fun. Who woulda thought there would be another KEETHA!?!

Did you know which was you without even clicking on it?

1/12/2008 8:53 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Whoa! Techno breakthrough. You shouldn't hide from that! Nice nails, too.

1/12/2008 10:51 PM  
Blogger The Hollands said...

Okay...I have to admit...it took me awhile to figure out that we were "country tulips". Did you change it?? I thought it said something different earlier. I tried to comment but Joseph wasn't cooperating. Thanks for hooking up the links..I look forward to checking them out! ~Jaye

1/13/2008 12:38 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Jaye!! Yep, I changed it because I wanted to get real names OUT. I will probably leave "Swan Song", "Toevs' Times", "Spruce Bruce", Deb's Diatribe", and "The Other Kelly B" alone though.

1/13/2008 4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Keetha! It took me a little while to find "my" link, but once I did ... DUH. :-)

1/13/2008 7:21 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Dan - - - I KNEW the second you saw it, you'd KNOW!! Tell Angie it IS her link too, and I'm really sorry I don't have a "thing" like that to "share" with her that I could have incorporated into the link. MAYBE one day my OLD brain will kick in and I'll come up with a way to amalgamate her into that title too.

1/13/2008 8:32 AM  
Blogger . said...

I found mine! (That was easy!)

Got a question, though—

Do I only get one blog linked? I know the one you listed is frequent and fun, but it also feels like freeloading.

My other blog, on the other hand, may not be as regular or relevant, but it is real and routinely risible!

(I know you like alliteration.... Hope this has earned me a "second link"!)

1/13/2008 10:09 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!! Your alliteration is FABULOUS!!! But you DID guess the reason I only linked one of your blogs SO FAR!!! It took me FOREVER to do what I did - - - like THE BULK OF YESTERDAY - - - so blogs that are rarely updated I left out, and since you had two I picked the one that you tend to keep up more regularly. AND, I really like all the quotes.

I noticed you went to Headless' blog AND left her a comment - - - thanks!!!

1/13/2008 12:50 PM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

Thanks from me too Marcia!!

1/13/2008 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admit I am a blog stalker and found your blog through Deb's. I went to teen camp back in the day with Kelly. Anyways, I see you have mentioned Hayward, WI. My husband (Aaron Pratt)is from there and actually his pastor from there is on your link list! Small world!

1/16/2008 10:12 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for stopping by, Heather. I went to YOUR blog and yep - - - I DO remember you from Teen Camp.

I grew up in Hayward. My dad (who was ALSO a speech prof at IWU, Prof. Heavilin) pastored the Hayward Wesleyan church "back in the day."

Now my husband and I go up there EVERY SUMMER on vacation. We LOVE it. We go to the Wesleyan Church while we are up there. There are a couple of families still in that church that I knew when I was a kid.

And, I've known Pastor Mark for a long time now too. I've been the speaker at the Northern Wisconsin Kid's Camp three times and that's where I first met Pastor Mark.

Yep - - - small world.

1/17/2008 4:18 AM  
Blogger The Hollands said...

AND...to add even more irony. Pastor Mark was my 1st youth pastor at Eastview Wesleyan (I have several funny memories of him as my youth pastor...but now is not the time nor the place). I even caught the bouquet at Mark and Kathy's wedding! AND Heather you were just a young 'en at Eastview when Brian and I were youth sponsors there!! Glad to see you in the bloggin world...hope you're doing well!! :) It IS a small world after all!

1/17/2008 7:03 AM  
Blogger . said...

Let's make the world even smaller! Mark is married to my brother-in-law's cousin, aaaand, Mark and Cathy were friends with my sister in college!

1/17/2008 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hayward is very beautiful! I went there last February for the Birkies- bought my first offical pair of snow boots there.
Jaye- of course I remember ya'll as my youth sponsors! And yes, I am doing well!

1/17/2008 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and Aaron just said he started going to Hayward Wesleyan about a year after Mark started pastoring there.

1/17/2008 1:15 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Wow - - - we're just having good old "down home" week in this comment section today!!!

Fun.

1/17/2008 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home