Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Ya Think???


My only sibling was trying to TELL me something with this birthday assortment she gave me yesteray? Hmmmmm?


She just better remember she's ONLY one year younger than I and paybacks are TOUGH!!! ;-)

(For all you readers who don't like the sound of "younger than I" and think I SHOULD have said, "younger than me" - - - I GOOGLED and "younger than I" is grammatically as well as chronologically correct!!!)

10 Comments:

Blogger Char said...

Humm, I could help you think of a comeback. Thank goodness "old" is a sliding scale. The older I get the more it moves up!

12/31/2007 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, but can you tell us why it is "younger than I" not "younger than me"?

12/31/2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Actually Don, I thought in the first place it WAS younger than I, but I googled to make sure. The ENTIRE explanation was there - - - but I'm so OLD and SENILE I've already forgotten the reason. ;-)

(I think it had to do with the fact that it is a comparison rather than a superlative - - - but that's as far as I can go)

And Char - - - I don't really believe I'll NEED to dream up a payback as sometimes when we are together people guess my sister to be the ELDER sibling and all I have to do is grin while she bears it!!!

12/31/2007 1:35 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Yes, being guessed to be "older" is poetic justice enough.

I've changed my photo for late winter (are we there yet?).

1/01/2008 1:03 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - Winter just began on Dec. 21, so what are you thinkin'?

1/01/2008 3:02 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Not thinking - fantasizing maybe.

Actually, we need some winter and some rain to go with it. So Cal is still way too dry.

1/01/2008 4:54 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

We're getting a lovely fine steady snow today. Not much accumulation, just enough to make everything white and pretty.

1/01/2008 5:40 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

F D-I-L...we didn't have enough time to think up moniker for "poinsettias" but how 'bout "Daffy" for the new moniker...ooops maybe they are "Narccies"???? Ours start blooming in one month.

Sorry you missed my New Year's Eve party last nite... I listened to Garrison Keeler on radio for a couple hours. It was a re-broadcast from the Ryman in Nashville. You would have enjoyed it!!!

Happy New Year to all and to all a Goodnite!!!!

1/01/2008 9:15 PM  
Blogger Terhune Family said...

On the grammar question... You wouldn't say, "younger than me am," but you would say, "younger than I am." Therefore, "younger than I" is what's correct! I don't know what it's called, but I do know how to choose it. :)

1/05/2008 1:24 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Well, actually when I looked it up the rule said when it was a comparison (younger than I) that was correct, but if it were a superlative (better than me) me was correct. I think I'd be likely to put "I" in both scenarios.

1/05/2008 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home