Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Friend Betsy - - -


Who now lives in Bolivia is here for a visit. This was the first time I'd seen her in at least two years, and the first time we got to meet her husband, Gerson.



We had such a good time eating, talking, and laughing that this is the ONLY picture I remembered to take!!!

Gerson wanted a sample of American shopping so we went to the mall - - - never mind that our mall is a pretty pitiful example.

While in the mall, we met a twenty-something-year-old who, when we told him Betsy and Gerson were from Bolivia, said he had NEVER HEARD OF BOLIVIA!!!! Had no clue Bolivia was in South America. PEOPLE - - - what is WRONG with our Geography education in America???? I told him he should have gone to LCS as OUR Geography teacher would have made sure he knew ALL his countries AND their capitols.

Anyway, it was absolutely fabulous to be with Betsy again, even for only a few hours. We really enjoyed getting to know Gerson. Greg is not easily impressed by new people, but he was by Gerson,

14 Comments:

Blogger Toevs said...

I am back... sort of. Check my new post...

I missed you...

Sorry I missed the party! I would have been there, had I known about it!

1/10/2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I have been checking your blog for a while now and have never commented! I went to college with Betsy! I am so happy to see a picture of her after so long!

1/10/2008 9:34 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Carmen, THANKS for coming to my blog AND commenting!!! Come back and let me know a bit about you. Betsy was doing GREAT - - - it was SOOOOOOO good to see her.

Ronda - - - YAY!!!! So glad you are back, I've been missing you and checking your blog several times EVERY day just HOPING you were back.

1/10/2008 4:29 PM  
Blogger Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Keetha--go to my blog and you can see my family. I grew up in Grant County, attended IWU and taught first grade at Mississinewa and Oak Hill before going part time at Southwood Elementary and eventually staying home full time with my girls. We have adopted both our girls internationally and are passionate about adoption. Check our blog for more about me!! I grew up across the street from Jennifer and Joellen and that is how I got your blog (Joellen's blog). You intrigued me because you taught at LCS. I had several friends who graduated from there (best friends Ryan Frank and Amy Hamaker). I have tutored children from there and I taught at the daycare during college years. Small world!!!

1/11/2008 10:10 AM  
Blogger Jillybean said...

Did you ever see the video on you tube about Miss teen South Carolina's interview answer in the Miss teen USA pageant? It explains a lot about the geography problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

They just don't have maps.

Jill

1/11/2008 2:04 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Actually, Jill, I saw that interview on TV right after it happened. I still just find it SOOOO difficult to believe that things which seem so BASIC aren't common knowledge.

BTW - - - please come back and tell me how YOU know/found me. I went to your blog, but it is pictureless so I'm not sure if I "know" you or not, and I always WONDER about how people find me.

1/11/2008 4:08 PM  
Blogger . said...

Good news, Keetha! I've updated both blogs since the party!—the quote blog once, and "All About" four times! It's amazing how much you can find to blog about when you're stalling!
;)

1/11/2008 7:20 PM  
Blogger Hummel Family said...

I couldn't believe it, to see a familiar face such as Betsy's! WOW! I am glad to hear she is doing well. Thanks for sharing!She was really good friends with my sister in high school.

1/12/2008 12:38 AM  
Blogger Hummel Family said...

Oops...let me introduce.

Hey Keetha, this is my friend Carmen! She's a great Mommy and keeps her blog updated! You'd enjoy her.

1/12/2008 12:42 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

JoEllen, Betsy and I were new teachers together at LCS and then we both taught there together for five years until she left to go to the mission field. She is one of my kindred spirit friends and always will be.

I've been to Carmen's blog several times now.

How about Jill? Did she find me through your blog too?

1/12/2008 7:50 AM  
Blogger Eily Renee & Malakai Andrew Hawk said...

Keetha,

Please tell Betsy I said "HI!!!"

-Michelle

1/12/2008 8:38 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I won't see her again - - - she's going back to Bolivia tomorrow.

1/12/2008 10:09 AM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

The additions look great!!!

BTW thanks for adding me!

1/12/2008 1:44 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

You are WELCOME - - - You were the inspiration that FINALLY helped me succeed.

1/12/2008 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home