Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

I've Got Nothin' Kids!!!


Nothing of any excitement to post on my blog. And yet blogs are most fun when they are frequently updated, so I NEED to update to keep my loyal readers (I guess that's YOU if you are reading) coming back.

Still, in the way of EXCITEMENT in my life right now I've got:

Nada. Zilch. Zed. Zero. THE BIG VOID!!!!!

(As you will soon find out if you continue to read this blog and see the LOWS to which I've been forced in order to come up with a post.)

Cat food. Yep, this is a can of cat food that I tried to open for Gomer, as he was pawing at my legs, mewing, and basically DEMANDING to be fed the other morning.

Can you see the PROBLEM in this photo?


How about from THIS angle?

Yep - - - that's right. The pop-top-thingy came off right in my hand WITHOUT popping the top.

If you look closely you will see dents where I tried to force that silly lid open with other probing instruments - - - namely my fingernail followed by a pair of scissors - - - and yet was unsuccessful.

I must figure out a way to get that ding dong can open as the "Scotch" in me will not allow perfectly good cat food to be thrown away.

If I can't get it open, and you come to visit me in, oh say 100 years, it will STILL be sitting on my counter WAITING to be opened.

Moving right along to OTHER things of extreme importance and interest - - -


My morning dose of latte.

Folger's USED to have an instant flavor of latte called "Caramel Groove" which was oh so tasty. Then they discontinued it and I've been forced to come up with my OWN version which involves instant coffee, Coffee Mate, Caramel ice cream syrup, and Irish Cream International Delight.

Today is fairly cold - - - we're on our way to a low of Zero (very appropriate to this topic I might add) tonight - - - so this latte was really welcome this morning.

Especially after I opened the doors and took ONE step outside to take these:


We got a little powder sugar dusting during the night.

Several of the blogs I read whose writers hail from such southern states as Mississippi and Alabama are quite excited right now as snow is in their forecast.



Dear blogging friends all who hope and wish for snow - - - I DO SO HOPE you get it, but if not, here is a tiny sample for your eyes.

Actually, having lived in the Carolinas for 12 years, I COMPLETELY understand your excitement when crystallized precipitation is in your forecast. It is SUCH a rare thing and is SO holiday-ish.

I too love the white stuff, as I was born a December snow bunny in the north woods and have loved it ever since. This is not nearly enough, by the way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Keri said...

News Flash, Mom. Can openers open cans.

When the pop top doesn't work, go to the old fashioned way and use your can opener.

1/22/2008 9:46 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

P.S. It works much better than your fingernail!!!

1/22/2008 9:47 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I don't think it will work on this one - - - the lip isn't right for a can opener.

It's more fun to watch it sit on the counter,

1/23/2008 4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home