Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Camera Anxiety

Today I am suffering with camera anxiety. I mean, how does one know they have purchased the RIGHT camera? Hmmm?

My friend Vickie walked into a store, bought a new camera, and is perfectly content and happy with it. As far as I know she hasn't suffered one moment of camera anxiety over it.

Why can't I be like that? Well - - - maybe it's Vickie's fault!!!! I mean, she told me all about her camera and its features, and now I just can't be satisfied with mine!!! Let's blame it on her!!! ;-)


Here's the main thing that is BUGGING me about my new camera. Vickie's can recharge using the same little cord that attaches it to the computer to transfer pictures over from the camera to the computer. Oh no - - -mine CANNOT do that, instead I have to use this bulky contraption. True, my OLD camera couldn't even recharge the batteries AT ALL and I was buying little AA's all the time - - - so WHY can't I be satisfied with a rechargeable battery and this bulky gismo?


I did pick up this nice little camera case for my new camera - - - and I AM quite happy and content with it!!! So, why am I having all this angst over the camera itself?



I don't suppose it helped that I got THIS while out and about this morning. Why are THEY still in school??? How was I supposed to be thinking about THEM being in school when we are out? Of COURSE I was going faster than 20 mph. Thank goodness that policeman was so NICE he only gave me a warning.


So now I'm trying to decide if I should let these little feet (size 6 in case you're wondering) take me back out and about to see about exchanging for a DIFFERENT camera. Or maybe I'll wait a couple of days and keep working with this one to see if I do or don't like some other features. But - - - WHAT TO DO!?!

Yes, these pictures were all taken with the new camera. I know the ticket is kinda blurry - - - I must have used a wrong setting or something. New camera has A LOT of those.

15 Comments:

Blogger Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Hi, Keetha--it's Carmen. Sorry you got a ticket, but I am not sure I would post that on internet with your address, drivers liscense number, etc... for anyone to have access to. Just a thought! I may be paranoid about that kind of stuff. Hope you like your new camera!!!

5/29/2008 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you have Vickie go w/ you to pick out a camera ??? :-)

5/29/2008 2:47 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Carmen, I have put my name in google and hit search and found out more stuff about me than I knew, so I tend to not be as protective about my information as others are - - - it's all been out there for years long before I started blogging. HOWEVER, I have edited the picture to leave out my license numbers. It probably wasn't too smart to put that out there.

I tend to be more worried about the peeping Tom I KNOW across the street than strangers far away. BUT - - - no need to give them all my numbers I guess.

Jackie - - - I think my camera shopping is beyond Vickie's help. I was just joking about it being her fault. Actually, I found her exact camera, but this one had some features it didn't have. I think I'll have to figure this out on my own. YIKES - - - do you think THAT is possible?

5/29/2008 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keetha,
I barely touch our new digital camera. I would have it soooo messed up. I let Dougie do all the photo taking. Ha ! Gives him something to do. :-)
However, if I would just take the time to READ the manual....you just never know, I might get the hang of it. But, for now....I'll let Dougie think he has one up on me. HA! HA!
Good luck to you.

Oh ! Almost forgot...speaking of your shopping expedition yesterday, I got a new laptop last night. It's RED and so is the mouse. Tee! Hee! You may not know this about me, but RED is very important to me for things....like my Expedition that I drive, my cell phone, umbrella, lots of purses and bags & now my new lappy & mouse. (The lappy is my b-day gift from the Big Daddy (Doug).
So, I'm a happy girl !!! :-)

5/29/2008 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're in the market for a new camera, I recommend Canon or Nikon. Don't go anywhere near Kodak - they make quality film, but not cameras.

Good luck!

5/29/2008 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I was going to try to delete my comment, but apparently I can't. I missed the post where you actually said you already bought a new camera, hence my camera advice. Sorry! I hope your Olympus doesn't hate me now...

5/29/2008 7:43 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Jackie, my lappy is RED too!!! Unfortunately, my mouse is not. I also love red - - - mostly because it was my HS team colors AND the WI Badger's team color.

Plastic - - - my OLD camera is a Nikon. What do you think of Sony?

5/29/2008 7:44 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Plastic - - - don't worry about your comment, you didn't even MENTION Olympus, so my camera's feelings are NOT hurt.

However, I'm not at all sure I'm keeping this one - - -as you have now probably seen on my blog. I don't like the charger bulkiness.

There was a Sony there that was the same price, and can be recharged while plugged into the lappy, and has as many possibly more features of the Olympus. What do you know about Sony?

5/29/2008 7:47 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

I love my Canon. And like I told you earlier today, I played with Korie's Sony a bit and it seemed really nice too! Did you call Korie and ask her the questions you called to ask me?

5/29/2008 9:34 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

Oh, and you are the queen of getting out of tickets!!! You always get warnings!

5/29/2008 9:35 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I HAVE gotten ONE ticket in my life.

I didn't TRY to get out of this ticket - - - he was just a very lovely and nice officer and only gave me a warning.

I think I'm going to go back and talk to the salesman that KNEW what he was talking about (for the most part) and trade this one for the Sony and see how I like it.

5/29/2008 9:46 PM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

Cute toes-and size 6? I think I was a 6 in 4th grade!

I have a giant camera, courtesy of HD last Mother's Day. I have a love/hate relationship with it so I'm not the gal to ask about cameras.

5/30/2008 3:35 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Headless - - - I ASSUME my feet were also close to size 6 in about 4th or 5th grade, they just FORGOT to grow after that!!! Hehehehehehehehe

5/30/2008 5:22 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I agree with Jackie Keetha. Why didn't you ask me to go with you to pick out the camerea? But it seems you did just fine all by yourself. I hope you love your pink camera as much as I love mine!!! The pictures look good!

5/31/2008 7:50 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

So far I am LOVING it. It focuses real fast, and that was MUCHO important to me with little Macky being so active.

5/31/2008 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home