Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

All I Could Do - - -


When our four children were young, we lived in a small three bedroom ranch style house. When I felt overwhelmed by the enormous task that was mine as a wife and mother, I would "escape" to the privacy of my bedroom, kneel at my bedside and pour out my heart to our Father.

Moments after withdrawing to the quiet of my room, I would hear little voices in the other parts of the house saying, "Where's mom?!?" Next would come the patter of small feet in the hallway, the creaking of my bedroom door being opened then quickly reclosed, and one small voice announcing to the others, "She's in there crying and praying again."

It was all I could do.

Last night as I sat in a row with all the other teachers at our high school Baccalaureate service, my heart was very moved and tears began streaming down my face while my heart cried out to the Father. I was crying and praying.

It was all I could do.

Then I realized, it is not simply all I can do - - - it is in fact, the MOST I can do.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thank God for teachers like you, who care and pray for our children.

5/24/2008 9:21 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Thank you for this reminder!! In regards to your comment on my blog-I'm so glad you understand about bubble baths!! Sitting in one's own dirt-that's exactly what I'm talking about!!!!

5/24/2008 9:34 AM  
Blogger Martin LaBar said...

Well done, good and faithful servant.

5/25/2008 7:31 AM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

I love this, Keetha!

Getting on our knees is the most, only, BEST thing to do. Thanks for the reminder...especially since I'll be sitting at HG's Bac and Grad. soon.

5/25/2008 6:33 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, friends!!!

5/25/2008 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home