Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Plotted My Course - - -


And I coursed my plot!!!

I got to and grazed through 10 (T-E-N) graduation open houses today!!!!

Whew - - - I'm tired!!!

Best Pastries Award - - - goes to David. These tiny little pastries were not only beautiful, they were the tastiest I've EVER had. They included strawberries wearing little tuxes with mortar boards on their "heads" and tiny little lemon meringue tarts.

Best Punch Award - - - goes to Jordan. This was a decadent mocha frappe punch. Yum.

Most Atmosphere Award - - - goes to Todd. Their ENTIRE back yard was landscaped, set up with tables, a campfire pit, and more. Pure awesomeness.

The "IN" graduation party food this year - - - pulled pork with BBQ sauce.

Most Likely to Prank the Teacher Award - - - goes to John A, who pulled a good one on me nearly as soon as I walked in the door!!!!

Best Cake Award - - - goes to Christi, she searched online till she found a graduation cake like the ones they make on those cake contests on the Food Network. It was magnificent!!!

The Most Unique Drink Server - - - goes to Megan who had a tiny "kiddie" pool with a plastic palm tree coming up out of the center. The pool part around the tree trunk was filled with ice and canned drinks were buried in the ice. It was cuuuuute!!!

15 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I don't know how we missed each other today. I loved your comments about the kid's Open Houses.

5/25/2008 8:48 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

We must have plotted different courses!!!! :-)

Next year I want an open house buddy - - - maybe I'll "twist" Diane's arm!!!

5/25/2008 8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

are you a teacher?
I am going back to school right now to earn my bachelors and then go on to get my teaching degree

5/25/2008 9:06 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Yes, I'm a teacher. Can't you get your teaching degree AS you get your bachelors????

I teach middle and high school science in a small Christian School.

5/25/2008 9:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

no. I will email you about it. If I give away the name of the school, I give away where I live and I don't want to do that in public.

5/25/2008 9:35 PM  
Blogger Lone Butterfly said...

Keetha,

In response your question on my post:

My babies are homeschooled - B10 went to public school for Kindergarten, then has been homeschooled since (he's about 1/2 way through 3rd grade - we do school year round).

CW went to private Kindergarten, and he's already begun his 1st grade studies.

Thanks for asking! You sound like you had a very full day!

5/25/2008 9:57 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Very full indeed!!!

5/25/2008 10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Keetha !

It was so good to see you yesterday ! Sorry we got interrupted in our "chatting".
I did come home & watch that video that we talked about. Totally awesome. Very much of a blessing !

Happy Anniversary to you & your hubby ! Have a great Memorial Day today.

Jackie

5/26/2008 8:29 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Jackie, it certainly WAS fun to see you too. Conversations getting interrupted at open houses is just par for the course - - - don't you think?

I went over to Jordan's from there and then home. I was TOTALLY exhausted by that time. :-)

Perhaps I'll see you at Stephen Briles' or Haley Wampner's today?

5/26/2008 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am helping Sue W. w/ Hayley's Open House, so yes, I will be there & see you for sure ! :-)

5/26/2008 10:25 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Great!!! See you after while.

5/26/2008 10:26 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Whew! I hope it keeps you young. We're still a few years away from that, but we're planning John's Eagle Court of Honor for this summer. Don't think we'll dress up the strawberries, though.

5/26/2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

I'm a bad daughter. I forgot your anniversary!! :( I'm so sorry! I just called and talked to Dad and he told me not to feel bad because YOU forgot it too! LOL!! Anyway, I tried your cell phone but it was OFF so I guess I'll tell you here...Happy LATE Anniversary!!

So what was the prank that John A. pulled??

5/26/2008 5:53 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for the anniversary wish!!! We haven't celebrated yet - - - too much graduating going on.

I'll tell you about John A and his prank tomorrow in person - - - -

:-)

5/26/2008 8:21 PM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Great ideas!







and happy anniversary (smile!)

5/27/2008 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home