Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Have I Ever?


Leigh posted this meme on her blog. (See "Big Daddy's Girl" in my linkydoo list.) There are 58 questions in the ACTUAL meme.

Now folks - - - there is NO WAY anyone in cyberspace wants to read the answers to 58 questions about me, so I've selected the questions I want to answer. :-)

If you actually READ these - - - let me know. I think too much writing makes most bloggers stop reading. Prove me wrong!

1) Gone on a blind date? Yes, once!! When I was in college a friend of mine came to me and talked me into a double date, with my date being the blind part. We had a great time, he was a perfect gentleman and good looking to boot - - - but I couldn't WAIT to get off the date, and NEVER wanted to date him again. The reason? His PANTS WERE TOO SHORT!!!! There was a STYLE for guys in that place at the time, he was wearing it - - - khaki pants cut off and fringed an inch above the ankle worn with no socks and loafers. I thought it was HIDEOUS and I let that little fashion faux pas completely TURN ME OFF.
Oh the DEPTH of my 18 year old soul!!!!

A week or so later he called me and invited me to come to the University of South Carolina (his school) to see a Gamecock's football game. If you've read my blog, you know I ADORE football - - - - but I said "no." More the fool I.

2) Skipped school? Nope. I'm WAY too conventional for that.

3) Watched someone die? No. I have a TOTAL phobia of being in the same room when the process of death happens. I can feel death in the air and it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

My 48 year old cousin dropped dead right when we finished singing the doxology as grace for our evening meal at our family reunion one year. I had just turned away from the group to head out to the grill when he fell - - - I did NOT see it, but I KNEW that someone had just died. I literally RAN out to the grill to my medical husband and shouted: "They need you in there!" He took ONE LOOK at my face and ran in. There was nothing that could help. Oh, hubby and several nurse cousins tried valiantly to revive him - - - but he was already in the arms of Jesus. I stayed OUTSIDE and helped take care of the children - - - struggling to help them cope.

A few years ago, a young 16 year old girl dropped dead at our teen camp where I was on staff. She was entering the teen temple, I was up on the ball field on a golf cart. I heard a voice come over the walkie talkie radio saying "call 911." I KNEW in that instant someone was dead. Again - - - I stayed away from the actual scene of death and helped the other campers.

It is not that I'm afraid I will miss heaven - - - it is the thought that this is it, death is here. I just can't handle that. I hope and pray the Lord sees fit to let me slip quietly away to heaven in my sleep and when I wake His is the first face I see.

8) Been lost? Never I've gotten turned around a time or two - - - but having been blessed with a pretty accurate sense of time and space, I've always been quickly able to reorient myself and find my destination. Hubby does NOT have this gift, fact which has given us some "moments" on trips together.

12) Had your booze taken away by the cops? Nope - - - never have had any booze to get taken away. Am and always have been a t-totaler. That presented interesting challenges growing up in Wisconsin - - - the beer state- - - where it was legal to drink beer at 16 and hard stuff at 18 in those Viet Nam war days.

13) Lettered in a high school sport? Nope - - - they don't give letters for being an avid spectator!!! When hubby and I were dating he TRIED to teach me to play tennis. After about five minutes, he came over to my side of the net, took the racket out of my hand, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "You cannot play tennis, never try again!" And I haven't.

A few years ago the athletic director at our school awarded me a plaque in appreciation for selling tickets at so many of our athletic events. My name AND the word athletic both appeared on that plaque - - - hubby said it was an oxymoron.

14) Cried yourself to sleep? Yes - - - painful, isn't it?

21) Cheated on an exam? Not an exam, but once in grade school I penciled the order of the middle letters of one word on my desk top before the spelling test. I didn't even look at them during the test, but I knew it was wrong and later confessed to the teacher. I don't remember what she did about it - - - but I do remember the relief when the guilt rolled away because I had made it right.

30) Been arrested? No - - - but if you read my Thelma and Louise story you'll find I inadvertently came pretty close once.

33) Had a nickname? My cousins call me Keepie, so I use that one in cyberworld. Pete gave me a HATEFUL one in college and Hick made sure the WHOLE SCHOOL knew it - - - I still hate that one and shan't tell it here or anywhere else.

34) Been to Africa? YES - - - when I was 18, and it was the highlight trip of my life!!! We were there for a seven week long missions trip and had more experiences than I could possibly relate right here - - - the most exciting and terrifying of which was being charged by an elephant in a game reserve.

35) Birth place? Shell Lake, Wisconsin

54) Do you have any tattoos? If you've read ANY of this, I BET you can answer that one for yourself!!! Hehehehehehehehe

57) What do you do to relax? Blog, watch football, eat,read, blog, watch football, eat, blog - - -


37 Comments:

Blogger Deven said...

Of course I read it all the way through! But I do think you made a good choice with being selective, both for reading and writing time.

6/10/2008 1:07 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

:-)

Thanks, Deven!!! I can't even tell you exactly WHY I chose the questions I chose, but I just know 58 was OVER THE TOP for a talker like me.

6/10/2008 2:07 PM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I read and enjoyed every single word! Thanks for participating! Great answers. I love to learn new things about, find out something new. I guess I am jsut a generally curious person, but I feel everyone has a tale to tell and if w listen, we shall learn.
LOved it!

6/10/2008 5:18 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks Leigh!!! And let me say right here (again maybe - - - I think I may have said this before) I am SO glad to make your bloggy friendship - - - I have enjoyed sooooo much getting to know you and hope the blogship continues for a LONG time.
;-)

6/10/2008 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, read the whole thing, Keetha! I´m still learning things about you! So fun!

6/10/2008 5:50 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Wow - - - you mean I hadn't already TOLD YOU ALL this, Betsy???? Smile.

6/10/2008 5:51 PM  
Blogger Deven said...

Ok. I didn't expect the blind date and the thing with death, but everything else was familiar.

6/10/2008 10:43 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Hmmmm - - - so I may STILL have some surprises up my little ole sleeve, Deven!!! ;-)

6/10/2008 10:45 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Yep, I read it and thanks for not answering all 58...you made a wise choice

6/10/2008 11:15 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

That bad eh, Vickie!!??!! :-)

6/10/2008 11:17 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I loved your answers-I did read all the way through! I think it's so neat to see how God wired each of us differently. I loved it-answer 10 more!!!!By the way, I'm honored to be a "link" on your blog!

6/11/2008 1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the Tattoo question has me the most curious. :-)
Where can I find the answer ? Tee! Hee!

6/11/2008 9:38 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Jackie!!! You KNOW me IN PERSON - - - you of ALL people would know the answer to that one without me saying. :-) Here's my answer - - - - I'm about as likely to have one as you are!!!

Julie - - - thanks for stopping by AND for READING all those answers.

6/11/2008 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Keetha,
I read it all! Fun to learn more about you. The death question was an intersting choice.
I remember hearing about that girl at the campgrounds. Last summer my family got to the hospital just as Dennis W took his last breath. That was a tough one. Are you going to give us some more insights into your life?

Angela V

6/11/2008 9:49 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Hi Angela - - - Glad you stopped by. I don't think I'll do any more of this particular meme, but they go around blogworld all the time, I'm sure ANOTHER one will catch my attention one day and I'll post it.

If you really ARE interested, I did another one a while back called "Someone Said I Had To" I think if you put that in the search at the top of this blog it will go right there.

6/11/2008 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting facts! You're going to have to share more about your Africa trip, especially being charged by an elephant!

By the way, I haven't read that book you mentioned, but I'll check it out. Thanks!

6/11/2008 2:20 PM  
Blogger Jewel said...

so.. it's like a play on words with my name! right? i was glad to find jaena under her appropriate link. you know i won't be 22 for another 3 years. ;D

6/11/2008 4:07 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Yes Jewel - - - it is a link to you and Earth Science. A jewel is a gem and a gem is a mineral that is rare and beautiful. Also - - - YOU my dear, are a rare and beautiful person. I'm seeing just HOW beautiful as I read your blog.

Now, where did the 22 thing come from? I missed out on something somewhere.

THANKS for coming and commenting on my blog!!!

6/11/2008 5:29 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

I read all of it!! I don't think I knew the blind date story, although I did know you were very picky with your dates so Dad must be pretty special! :)

NEVER been lost??? What about when we were trying to visit Lake Superior (is that right??) while in Wisconsin and we were on dirt roads?!?! That trip is etched in my mind! hahaha

6/11/2008 6:05 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

Oh yeah and what is a "t-totaler"??

6/11/2008 6:06 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

But actually, we were never LOST there - - - we drove right out to the very road from which we were detoured. We ALWAYS knew what direction we were going.

But you are right - - - - that was QUITE the day, wasn't it?!?

6/11/2008 6:07 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Me, I'm a t-totaler. It means a person who doesn't drink alcohol in any form.

BTW - - - Betsy e-mailed me and she is THRILLED that you went to her blog and left comments.

She's starting to be bitten by the blog bug!!!!

6/11/2008 6:10 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

I just remember it pouring down rain and the two of you going back and forth! LOL

That whole week was a doozy! hehe

6/11/2008 6:11 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

I added her to my favorites so I can keep checking on her! :)

6/11/2008 6:12 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

But it was a week of which memories are made!!! And - - - oh so many FUNNY memories now, even though we may not have seen all the humor at the time - - - - -

I'm still seeing little adorable Kyle with that crocheted toilet paper cover on his head with the big flower right on the top - - - wearing his camo pjs and sucking his thumb.

6/11/2008 6:13 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

She will LOVE that you added her to your favorites, and you will LOVE her as you get to know her.

They will be home for six or so months starting in February - - - unless plans change - - - we'll try to make sure you guys get to meet in person.

6/11/2008 6:17 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

Look at your comment count go up as we converse via blog! :)

Yes, I will agree, as much as I was hating it as a teenager, looking back we made some good memories.

Dad and me fishing in the downpour simply because we were determined to fish that week.

Seeing the teens down the road jumping into the lake in the downpour and 50 degree weather!

Not being able to sleep because I thought a bear was going to come crashing through the door and eat me.

6/11/2008 6:18 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL about the bear AND the comment total going up.

Not to mention watching about a million movies while it poured rain outside - - - - with Kyle sitting in that metal lawn chair, wearing that silly tp cover that he thought was a HELMET and sucking his thumb.

6/11/2008 6:25 PM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

I'll interject into your comment fest...

great answers! Having spent a great deal of time in South Carolina myself, I can totally vouch for the wonderful time you missed by not going to a Gamecocks football game. I've been to a bunch of college football games and a game at the clamshell is one of the best!!!

And I am also great with directions.

6/11/2008 10:07 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Headless - - - I have asked myself OVER and OVER again why I was sooooooo shallow as to allow a clothing faux pas to KEEP me from a Gamecocks FB game!!!! (As if just going for the game and not the guy isn't also shallow on some level all its own!!! Hehehehehehe)

6/11/2008 10:41 PM  
Blogger ~Molly~ said...

Ok ok, you got me!! I'm apologizing for being such a bad blogger! It is high time for me to add you to my blog rolls so I can find you easier. And, I'm posting your meme tonight!

Molly

ps, hope your Hoovers are related to the Texas bunch, that would be way cool.

6/12/2008 6:39 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for coming Molly!!!!

If you find a link between our Hoovers, let me know.

6/12/2008 6:43 PM  
Blogger ~Molly~ said...

I'm going to ask my mom to investigate your Hoovers! She has a membership to some online sites so she can.

I also "found myself", tea hee! Your blog is so great, I love how upbeat you are and silly!! My inside self is like that but my outside self just doesn't have the time to get the inside stuff to the outside. Does that make sense? I think an easier explanation is 3 (homeschooled)kids, 4 dogs, 5 cats, 9 guinea pigs and a hubby who works 60+ hour weeks. Stringing 5 words together is even difficult sometimes.

Molly

6/12/2008 10:32 PM  
Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

Hi Keetha and Keri! I finally found your convervsation. Keri, I´m honored you have our blog on your favorites now! Hopefully our blog will keep you entertained! I´d love to meet you in person! If you are Keetha´s daughter, you HAVE to be an amazing person! :) I can say that since I know your parents and Kyle and Korie!! I just lack meeting you and Kelly. Maybe soon . . .

6/13/2008 12:53 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

I am glad I don't have to answer some of the questions! Hee hee!

6/13/2008 7:00 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

You don't HAVE to - - - but oh wouldn't it be FUN if you did!?!

6/13/2008 9:48 PM  
Blogger nancygrayce said...

Just dropped in on your blog for the first time. I think I followed link to link from the garden post. Your answers were very interesting! Enjoyed reading them.

6/14/2008 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home