Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Quaker Hill Conference Center


We had our family reunion dinner today at Evans House at Quaker Hill in Richmond, Indiana. It is a GORGEOUS old home. Let me share some of it with you - - -


Makes one think they've gone back in time to a southern plantation - - - only wait - - - this ISN'T the south, it's Indiana!!! I guess there IS more than corn in Indiana!!!


Look at this fireplace mantle, surround, and mirror. If you look IN the mirror you will see hubby in his orange Clemson shirt.


I have forgotten what this type of ceiling with these gorgeous wooden beams is called, but I LOVED it. The tiles shouldn't be there - - - they are covering up plaster which was probably decorative at one time.


Three story open stairway. Don't quite know what the quilty clothy thing hanging down the middle is.


Decorative inset panel on the front door.


I don't know WHY I didn't move the brown cardboard box BEFORE I took the picture of this gorgeous newel post! But you can still get the idea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shoemaker Family said...

My husband is from Richmond, IN. That is where we met when I worked at Fountain City Wesleyan Church...

Small world eh...

Hope you're having a great time. I'm looking fwd to a summer full of blogging from you!! And, to see pics of that new grandbaby soon hopefully! :)

6/08/2008 7:31 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Cool!!! Well, I have LOTS more pictures of this reunion, but the free WiFi here in the campgrounds is mega slow - - - so probably I'll have to wait for tomorrow to post most of them.

The NEW grandbaby is scheduled to come on the 18th of June - - - and due to Jason's time off schedule they are HOPING she doesn't arrive any earlier than that.

6/08/2008 9:47 AM  
Blogger Keetha said...

How pretty! Looks like a fun and adventurous trip!

6/10/2008 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home