Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Can You Believe It????


I'm home alone again on a Friday night. Only THAT'S not the unbelievable part, the unbelievable part is WHY - - - - - - - -

I'm home alone because Sven and Ole, our two wannabe Norwegians, went NORTH two and a half hours on a two day FISHING spree. It was a whopping 9 degrees this morning, and then we had a HEAT wave and it hit 23 by late afternoon. I'm sure they are just sweating and sweating up on that lake in that boat. Oh wait, could they even GET the boat INTO the lake, or do you suppose they're using the boat as a snowmobile and gliding around on top of the ice??????

I don't know for sure cause they aren't answering their cell phones. I'm thinking their hands are probably FROZEN to their poles making them incapable of either answering OR calling out.

Well, I used to think that only traits like hemophilia and male pattern baldness were found on the 'missing' leg of the Y chromosome, but now I'm pretty sure BRAINS are there too.

They'll come home swearing it wasn't cold and that they had a blast. I'll know the truth. They
are LYING that it wasn't cold and they had a blast alright - - - a blast of frigid arctic air.

As for me, I'm singing "Praise God from Whom all blessings flow" as I sit in my warm family room, under my fleece afghan, in front of my cozy fireplace, eating a spicy enchilada from Taco Bell and watching taped episodes of CSI Miami!!!!!


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoke with Ole yesterday and he was mentioning the fishing trip. He did say he couldn't find any water skiers or water tubers that wanted to go with them....surprise, surprise, surprise!!!! I asked why he was going ice fishing and his comment was the lakes aren't frozen over yet...hmmmm, maybe not yesterday, but do wonder about tomorrow???? Boys will be boys!!!!!

12/08/2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

He just called. They are still trying to convince me they weren't cold - - - - - even though they DID admit the "high" today was 23. They didn't even have one nibble, and he said there were only two other boats, no tubers and no skiers.

I asked him if the fact that there were two other boats made them justied and less crazy, and assured him that was not the case but that those in the other boats were just a crazy as he and Sven.

12/08/2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Anon said...

A new post awaits.....just for you, of course. :)

12/08/2006 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have called - I was "alone" with two children on a Friday night. I did update my blog. Are you teasing Anon about not updating her blog, too?

12/08/2006 10:31 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I'm glad you made a comment here, Kari, 'cause yesterday I left YOU several teasing comments - - - then later I wondered if you'd know I was teasing, cause if not they would sound pretty HARSH. So - - - - hope I'm forgiven and that you knew I was teasing about bossing baby brother etc.

If I had known you were home alone I would have called and picked up La Char take out and either brought it to you or had you come to me.

Maybe its just as well we didn't know as I was falling asleep in Greg's comfy chair by oh, 7 p.m. :-)

Anon - - - - I'm on my way right now to look for your new post.

12/09/2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

BTW - - - during the phone call last night, when asked about the temperature on the lake, Ole said it wasn't "too bad" and Sven said it was BALMY!!!!!

I'll tell ya who's balmy - - - - - and it isn't the weather. :-)

12/09/2006 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You act as if you're surprised by all of this!! You've known the man for over 30 years...nothing should surprise you any more! LOL!!

Oh...have you watched your taped episodes of "Lost" yet???

12/09/2006 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! LOL!!!

Mom, please delete all but one of those!!! HAHAHAHAHA

I was having trouble posting...can ya tell???

12/09/2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Keri - - - your wish is my command, repeat comments deleted. Imagine how EXCITED I was to turn on my Yahoo IM and find I had 10 new comments - - - - - and then how CRUSHED to find that all but 3 of them were your doubles. :-(

About sounding surprised. Oh no, not surprised at all - - - - but one must find humor in those parts of life that are never going to change or one will lose one's mind. And furthermore - - - - its over 31 years, just for the sake of the record.

And about Lost - - - - not yet.

12/09/2006 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you haven't watched that yet!!!! I'm going to come over there and duct tape you to your chair and make you watch them all! LOL

12/09/2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

ROFLOL!!!!!!!

I'd like to see you try.

I'm sending you a little IM right now to explain all the 'whys' of it.

12/09/2006 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keri, be sure to catch that on film or, better yet, video (duct taping yo mamma)!!!!!

12/09/2006 3:53 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I talked to Sven - - - Ole was in the other boat and I missed talking to him, Ole caught two muskies this morning, so now I'm sure they will be happy as clams when they come home later today.

12/09/2006 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home