Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"No One Cares What You Ate For Lunch"


Is, I believe, the title of a book written by a woman I heard being interviewed on NPR the other morning. The purpose of the book was to instruct people on how to make an interesting blog.

It sounded to me that she thought talking about food was boring.

I disagree. I enjoy TALKING about and READING about and SEEING photos of food on blogs.

I think Miss "NPRauthorinterviewee" used her blog as an online department store of unusual goods and services. I think THAT is boring.

I guess my little nonpoint here is this - - - - the blogs I like are the ones where people share random things from their real lives, things like visits to pumpkin patches, chocolate desserts, children and their antics, fun quotes, frog princes, pies in the face, football, name the baby contests, choose the Christmas picture contests,Pig Latin essays, and funny anecdotes. I really don't want to spend my free time perusing someone's sales pitch.

And - - - - - for all who are wondering, and even for those who are not, I had leftovers for lunch.



15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to CHIPOTLE and had wonderful burritos for dinner. MMMMMMMMMM.

You're right Keetha - real life makes for the best blogging. People who listen to NPR to learn how to write their blog shouldn't have blogs anyhow - THEY're boring. :-)

12/05/2006 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!!! Another Chipotle fan!

I agree, Mom!!!!!!

12/05/2006 10:58 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Dangie - - - - you made me LOL!!!! Except, wait a minute, I LISTEN to NPR. OK, here's my out from being boring - - - while I DO listen to NPR, I DO NOT listen to it to learn how to write my blog. ;-)

Keri - - - - I'm really wanting to try this Chipotle place.

12/06/2006 4:29 AM  
Blogger Anon said...

Well, if the author knew our little blog circle was out here, she'd have to renege on loser idea of an interesting blog, wouldn't she?

:)

Hope the fam is all doing well.

12/06/2006 8:07 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Anon - - - - I forgot to include Wesleyan Belly Dancing in my list of things I find interesting on blogs!!!!!

12/06/2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger Anon said...

If I can find some extra time, things are going to get a little more interesting.

12/06/2006 10:21 PM  
Blogger Jaena said...

Oh, Keetha...I love you and your blog! This made me smile! We all really must have an in person gathering sometime. Tree of Life (in the back room so we can really raise a ruckus) or Starbucks (only if they have lemon bars, of course). Or my house even (over Christmas break, before school starts in). I'm feeling warm and fuzzy just thinking about you all...my virtual support group!

12/06/2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Jaena - - - - what a GREAT idea!!! We could even have it at my house if it is after Christmas and before I go back to school. Let's make a plan. Char will have quite a long trip to get here. (Hehehehehehe)

Anon - - - FIND THE TIME we are ready for your brand of interesting.

12/07/2006 4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH HOW FUN!!!!!!! Yes please let's do this!!!!

12/07/2006 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE what we're doing here, and the more talk of food, the better.

I've seen people set up their blogs as a personal web site - some of my author friends do that to promote their books - but I don't visit them.

It's all this spontaneous chatter that keeps me going. And the thought of seeing you all.

Good to hear from you again Anon!

12/07/2006 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keetha - I must clarifty. If you listened to NPR ONLY for the purpose of learning how to write a blog - THAT is the type of boring person that shouldn't be allowed to have a blog. :-)

YOU - you're definitely allowed to have a blog. I couldn't imagine life WITHOUT it!

12/07/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Awwwwwwwwwww sshhhhhuuuucccckkkksss Dangie, you make me feel SOOOOOOOO affirmed!!!!! AND - - - if we arrange a gettogether of this blog circle, will you come from Minnesota???????? Please????? ;-)

Char - - - - - I agree about the Web pages that are for promo of some business part of the bloggers life. BORING. Where's the vim and vigor in that?????

We, on the other hand, talk of all the really important things here - - - - LIKE, did you know our world in IN is now FROSTED?????? May not last long, but it is pretty right now.

12/07/2006 5:32 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Keetha - you have to try Chipotle! Their burritos are the best. I am getting hungry just thinking about one. I have been soooo bad about keeping my blog currently lately. I hope to have a little time next week... Until then, just to keep everyone updated...we had House of India last night - tasty lamb and veggies plus mango kulfi (like ice cream only creamier). Rally's earlier in the week. Stuffed mini-pita pockets another day made by a dear friend, Katie. Crab cakes and spinach salad by Scott on Wednesday. Chimichangas at Si Senor last Sunday. To be perfectly honest, I have not cooked a meal since Nov. 9th - the day before we left for Guatemala! I will cook something this weekend b/c the family is coming over on Sunday for November/December birthdays. I will have to dig out the cookbooks to see what I can concoct.

12/08/2006 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMMMM Rally's is my favorite place for a fast food burger!!!!

12/08/2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Kathy - - - - your comment is long enough and 'tasty' enough to make a post!!!!!!
That stuff all sounds wonderful.

And cooking, what's that??????? Hehehehehe

Actually, (don't faint Keri) I did manage to make pot roast for Sunday dinner, and the leftovers of that were what I mentioned at the end of this post.

12/08/2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home