Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

k-mail!!!!


That's short for Kyle e-mail from Ecuador. Here's what he posted to the school web page after working on projects at the church all morning:

We varnished for many hours and my skull turned to flame. After the fires subsided, we played birthday games for Lycia that involved collecting trash, which I believe sent a mixed message about our feelings for her, but they were well received. My team won noggys which we soon realized were the nectar of some higher being.

Keaton, Ryan and I talked to Carlos (the hotel attendant) and his friend Edgar for quite a while in the night. I was amazed by how much we could communicate and even make small talk. The connection we made with those guys was incredible. I was amazed to see how many things transcend culture and language.

6 Comments:

Blogger Terhune Family said...

Sounds like things are going well! How's Mom holding p\up?

4/17/2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger Terhune Family said...

OK Not holding "p/up" but holding "up."

4/17/2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Mom AND dad rather ENJOY the empty nest thing!!!!

4/18/2007 2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "empty nest thing" is absolutely wonderful!!!! Although it's nice to see the kids every now and then...

4/18/2007 10:01 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That's so great, I'm so glad he is having this experience in his life!

4/18/2007 10:18 AM  
Blogger Char said...

I think this is what they call a "life changing" experience. It's terrific that they were able to communicate with Carlos and Edgar.

4/18/2007 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home