Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

They're Off and Running - - -


I think!

Kyle and the other members of his class are off and on their way to their senior missions trip. Their destination is Ecuador.

I have no idea exactly where they are tonight, and there's a story to go with that!!!

We were scheduled to have a chapel today at 1:30 p.m. to commission them, pray for them, and then send them off to the airport in time to catch a flight tonight at 8:00 p.m.

Just before 1 p.m., they were called to the airport to try to make a 3:30 p.m. flight because the evening ones were being canceled due to a severe storm front that was predicted to pass through.

Chapel was canceled. Parents, pastors, students and teachers gathered in the parking lot to offer a brief prayer, share parting words, release helium balloons, and give farewell hugs. By 1:30 our kids were on their way.

Grapevine has it that they missed the 3:30 flight, but were going to be sent to "somewhere" before the storm hit. They will spend the night in "somewhere" before continuing on to their final destination tomorrow. I hope "somewhere" has lots of beds ;-)

What stories they will have to tell when they return!!!!

As my grapevine gives up more information I'll keep you posted.


6 Comments:

Blogger Keri said...

PLEASE call me as soon as you know something. You know how I get when my family members are up in the air. LOL

If my phone is off, just leave a voice mail, please.

4/11/2007 11:15 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I'm sure no news is good news.

Kyle didn't take his cell phone - - - I don't know how soon I'll hear something. Ecuador is farther away and not a US territory, so I don't know how often we'll hear from them.

Keaton's mom is with them plus three other sponsors.

I'm not one bit worried about them.

4/12/2007 4:13 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Ah, youth. They're probably sleeping on the floor in an airport someplace. I trust they'll have a great trip.

All of our family members who were on missions trips have returned. I still don't have any stories - waiting for recovery from jet lag, etc.

4/12/2007 11:50 AM  
Blogger Keri said...

LOL Mom I don't think Diana can do anything about a plane crashing. That's what always worries me when you people go flying around the universe.

4/12/2007 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs broyles its about midnight and your grades arent up... whats goin on??

-chaz

4/12/2007 11:13 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Sorry Chaz - - - I came home at 4 without the tests finished. But - - - guess what? It's 4:08 a.m. and I'm up and running - - - I'll be at school, get those tests finished and posted before you're out of bed!!!!

4/13/2007 4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home