Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Bus Trip to DC

Getting ready to leave the school parking lot.


Just one of many times to load or unload the bus at a stop.


Here we are. Eighteen LCS Eighth Graders and their two sponsors in front of Lightrider. (Check it out - - - I'm wearing my house slippers!!!)

10 Comments:

Blogger Toevs said...

Great pics. Thanks for posting them!

10/16/2007 8:43 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Your trip looked like a ton of fun! I hope the kiddos were good for you! You captured some great images in your photos! Let's play soon!

10/16/2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

It was fun.

I think a bus trip of all adults - - - no need to keep track of a group of kids - - - would be even MORE fun!!!!

10/16/2007 5:18 PM  
Blogger Eily Renee & Malakai Andrew Hawk said...

Looks like you had a great time! You're still alive...that's a huge bonus! Actually, all the 8th graders are still alive...maybe that's the greater miracle! HA!

-Michelle

10/17/2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger Char said...

What a wonderful trip! I'm so glad you got to see Mt. Vernon. I still have my little cornhusk hearth broom that I bought there years ago. I wonder if George ever had a problem with crabgrass?

10/17/2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I didn't see any corn husk brooms for sale this time. NOW the gift shop has 'fancy smancy' things like amber jewelery and fine china.

Yes Michelle, we came home with as many 8th graders as we left with - - - good thing!!!

10/17/2007 5:58 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

the bus looks like so much fun. our 4 oldest kids did a bus trip to DC, too. it was a highlight of their 8th grade year. Alex's class did not get to go due to 9/11. the trip was never planned due to the tragedy. so glad you are back safe and sound. oh, did you choose the date to go b/c the Colts were NOT playing????

10/17/2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Kathy - - - I had NOTHING whatever to do with the date of the trip. If I had my way, it would have been in the spring when we've ALWAYS gone before and NOT during football season AT ALL.

I was totally relieved when I realized the Colts had a bye that week. BUT I still missed all my college FB games - - - bummer.

10/17/2007 6:08 PM  
Blogger Jaena said...

Memories...I took a trip (8th grade maybe) to DC when I went to LCS. Back then the buses were owned by "Wandering Wheels" but still run by Mike Manganello (wasn't that him in the pics?)

10/18/2007 2:39 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Yep - - - it was Mike. I believe they started Lightrider AFTER they stopped working for Wandering Wheels.

One or the years I went, Steve went with us - - - all the rest of the times it's been Mike

10/18/2007 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home