Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Morning Adventure - - -


I'm posting this from a hotel computer in Indy where I have spent the last two nights to be here with Greg while he went through a surgical procedure to remove three large kidney stones. (See my chat box for a brief report about that)

This morning, LONG before sunrise, the fire alarm went off LOUDLY and OBNOXIOUSLY in my hotel room. No, not JUST in MY hotel room, in the entire hotel.

"Hmmmmm," I wondered to myself, "is this for real or can I stay in bed?"

I heard no frantic footsteps treading past my door. There was no verbal command to exit the building. So, I phoned the front desk and they told me it wasn't a real alarm, and that I didn't have to worry about it yet.

Now an INTELLIGENT person probably would have gotten up and gotten dressed and packed at that point in time - - just to be PREPARED.

I never said I was intelligent, I went back to bed and continued watching ESPN and the Colts/Patriots game hype.

About fifteen to twenty minutes later, the same ear splitting alarm went off. THIS time very shortly accompanied by a knock on the door and a voice commanding me to evacuate the building.

OK - - - what to take in a hurry? Well, first I pulled on one heavy sweat jacket (it's in the 30's here this morning) and grabbed a Colts hoodie just in case. Then I stuck my feet in some socks and shoes and grabbed my purse and my school bag which contains my gradebook (very important) and headed for the stairway.

Out in front of the hotel I met up with all the other evacuees and a zillion emergency vehicles with lights flashing - - - including one very red fire truck.

Fortunately, by the time they made us evacuate, the "emergency" was nearly over and I got to return to my warm cozy room before I even needed the hoodie.

And just what was said emergency? Someone turned the heater on in their room for the first time this fall and the dust on the coils triggered the fire alarm system.

Ahhhhhhh - - - for more exciting mornings like this!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bart and Paula Wakeman said...

So glad to hear that everything went well.

Never a dull moment with you, is there?!

11/01/2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Glad Greg is safe. Don't know if I really need to see the picture of the stone, though.

How easy it is to take alarms for granted. Most upsets are about nothing, yet there is the occasional real emergency. How to tell the difference?

11/01/2007 4:30 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

So did Dad get to come home today or did they keep him another night?

11/01/2007 7:44 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Paula, I have lots of dull moments, I just don't bother to blog about them!!! Hehehehehehehe

11/01/2007 8:37 PM  
Blogger Anon said...

Great hotel story!

11/02/2007 6:07 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Tell Greg we hope he feels better. Go, Colts!

11/03/2007 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home