Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Day in the Life - - -


I got up this morning at my usual ungodly hour, blogged for a while, read my devotions, then showered and dressed for the day.

By a few minutes after six I was on my way with self-created latte in my hand.

When I arrived at my classroom before 6:30 I decided to have a little fun FIRST (you know, fun before work - - - isn't that what we were always taught?!?) and arranged a few Christmas "touches" in my room.


Starting at the entry - - -


Then on a side lab table - - - (tiny tree with ginormous lights and miniature nativity)


And finally a little "northwoods" touch on a side table.


I think a black bear nativity is QUITE appropriate in a Life Science Classroom, don't you?!?

After that, from around 6:45 until 7:30 I finished up my lessons plans for the week, turned them in, and did various other tasks at my desk until it was time for my morning hall duty. (Sorry, no pictures of this nor any of the rest of this part of the diatribe.)

By 8 a.m. I was ensconced in my room teaching.

First Sixth Grade Science - - - Earth Quakes and fault lines - - - can you rock and roll?

Next, Human Anatomy and Physiology with eleventh and twelfth graders. What would you like to know about your urinary system???

Third period - - - freshman BIOLOGY. Animal behavior. All my students are animals and boy, do they EVER exhibit behavior!!!! (Just kidding all my wonderful cherubs!!!)

Fourth Period found me at my desk busily planning.

Fifth Period - - - Independent Study Anatomy students. These are the ones who REALLY wanted to take the class, but had a conflict during second period, so they come to me fifth period just to be able to take the class.

Sixth Period seventh grade Life Science. Punnett square anyone?

Seventh Period, tenth grade Physical Science. Today I think they ALL ate jelly beans for lunch for they certainly weren't interested in learning about heat of fusion, heat of vaporization, or sublimation!!!!

Eighth Period - - - eighth grade Earth Science. Test tomorrow, so we reviewed landforms, latitude, longitude, and map projections.

Finally the 3:00 bell rang. Students headed in a chaotic mass to their lockers, I breathed a sigh of relief, and headed to my afternoon hall duty. Another school day successfully navigated.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a (kindergarten) teacher too and arrive early every day. My morning starts with the daily chat with the teacher down the hall. We only have 12 work days until our break!!

12/04/2007 10:08 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for visiting, anonymous - - - I''m jealous, we still have 12 and a half!!!!

12/05/2007 4:05 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

You are ahead of me girl! I look like Mr. Scrooge with no decorations.

12/05/2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

How festive! Love it!! You are a great teacher!

12/05/2007 1:57 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Vickie - - - I SERIOUSLY contemplated not doing ANY decorating in my room this year - - - but then, that little bit didn't take much time or energy and it was kinda fun to do.

Shannon - - - thanks for your VOTE of confidence!!!! It means A LOT to me.

12/05/2007 4:07 PM  
Blogger Martin LaBar said...

Er, black bear nativity scene? Amazing.

12/05/2007 9:07 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

What - - - didn't you ever see those black bears doing a nativity pageant when you lived in the northwoods??? Why, you don't know what you missed!!! ;-)

12/06/2007 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home