Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Hobby Rankings - - -


It is no secret and no surprise to anyone who knows me that I enjoy three hobbies every day of my life; eating, blogging, and watching/talking about football. The question then is not WHAT are my hobbies, but rather what do I love MOST?


I can honestly tell you that it came as QUITE a surprise to self, since I've been having a love affair with food all my life, to discover quite by accident yesterday afternoon that I MUST love blogging MORE.

(This is IT - - - my blogging universe)


On my way home from school yesterday I picked up my favorite Mexican carry-out. As I was bringing the bag with all the goodies in the house, it HIT me that I love blogging MORE than food because you see, I placed said bag of goodies on the kitchen island and RUSHED up to the computer to check my blogs BEFORE eating. I didn't even care if the food got cold - - - I HAD to blog first. This was a bit unnerving to me as I've glibly said for YEARS, "Eating is my favorite hobby."

(You should have seen me trying to get this picture, BY MYSELF, to illustrate this very important Blogging discovery.)


Suddenly realizing that I loved blogging more than food made me wonder where football ranked.

I'm having massive difficulty putting this one into the lineup in its proper place. You see, I eat WHILE I watch football. I've been known to PAUSE the football game (thanks to the wonders of an HDVR) and run up to my blogging universe to blog about football RIGHT DURING THE GAME!! So, exactly where does football rank? Do I love it MORE than blogging AND food, or should it go between the other two, or is in a close third right behind eating?


This was all entirely too mind-bending for me to deal with, so I did the only sensible thing. I PLANNED this blog in my head and went back downstairs to eat my scrumptious food in front of the TV while watching sports shows ABOUT football.

(Of COURSE I ate all that - - - and some chips and salsa too.)

:-)

13 Comments:

Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

You are a riot!

12/08/2007 7:01 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Zoot Suit Riot!!!

12/08/2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

MMMMMM I love Mi Pueblo---you win prize for best blogger!

12/09/2007 3:09 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

I want to know what that is?! Some kind of grilled burrito?

12/09/2007 3:55 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wow! I think you get the award for the person who has stuck with blogging and still loves blogging the most. Some of us other bloggers out here have faded, don't post nearly as much, and don't read all the blogs we used to, but you, YOU still have the passion and the love. That's admirable.

Oh, and my high score is 42. Thanks for getting me stuck on another computer game. At least this one is somewhat educational. I am learning new words as they are repeated when I play multiple times.

12/09/2007 3:57 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

You are an amazing blogger!

12/09/2007 6:08 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO Shannie gave me The "Best Blogger" award. Let's see, what shall we call it??? The Heizog Trophy or the Blogman Trophy???? Hehehehehehe

I have another blog in my camera and my brain - - - I'll probably post it tomorrow sometime.

Deb - - - I still check a zillion blogs (the list keeps growing) every morning and every afternoon. When I'm home, like Saturday, I check them even more often. I simply LOVE it. (Notice, most of mine are rather short - - - that way I have energy to do more)

:-)

12/09/2007 7:40 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Yah, Keri the food in that picture is a Fajita Quesadilla Rellena con Pollo.

12/09/2007 7:42 PM  
Blogger Shoemaker Family said...

Oh my gosh...I do not konw you...I found you through some fellow IWU alum...I LOVE your writing. I am in Michigan. We have a Mexican restaurant here and that is my favorite too!!! The Fajita Quesadilla Rellena con Pollo!

Blog away - I think I'll give you the best blogger award too - although your daughter's (that I thoroughly enjoy reading too) probably runs a very tight 2nd!!!

12/10/2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you, Shoemakers!!! Actually, you'd better give KERI the best blogger award, she is the one who started me down this path.

But it IS SO MUCH FUN, isn't it?

I'm going to click on your name and see if it will link me to your blog - - - if not, send me an e-mail and let me know your addy. My e-mail is right on my profile page, I'm more terrified of the "nasties" in my own neighborhood than those who might find my blog from half way around the world - - - so I tell all.

:-)

12/10/2007 12:51 PM  
Blogger Keetha said...

Oh my gosh that plate of food looks so good.

Now I'm craving some Mexican food.

12/10/2007 4:55 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

Yeah, she had that effect on me too, which is why my husband is on his way to El Camino right now! LOL!

12/10/2007 5:42 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Wow - - - I LOVE to influence people!!!! :-)

12/10/2007 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home