Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Beach Left-Overs


OK - - - so I went a little "wild and crazy" with my camera in Florida, then I didn't have time to post EVERYTHING from McDonalds - - - I was on a TIME LIMIT there ya know. So - - - here are some odds and ends I MEANT to post and never did.

Enjoy.


Do you think this is where they get "Grouper Fingers?" Hehehehehe

Maybe Ole will end up looking like THIS if he keeps associating with fish!!!!


And Lena might end up looking like THIS if she keeps associating with Ole!!!


Our cute little rental car in front of dad's condo.


Looking north on Gulf Shore Drive in front of the condo.


South on Gulf Shore Drive.


Palm lined road at Venetian Bay.


Grammy, here are the blooms on the Traveler's Palm that Greg and Dad SWORE were orchids. Set them straight, will ya???? ;-)


Naples Dock canal - - - just behind "The Dock" restaurant.


I like food. I even like to LOOK at food. So - - - here's a couple of meals from "The Dock" which I did not previously post. This is my plate of grouper and chips - - - very good.


How about a little Lobster Louis Salad????

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The majority of orchids are epiphytes, so that would not make sense for them to be the bloom on a palm tree! Cool. I got to use epiphyte twice in one week!!

White River Gardens next to the Indy Zoo has an orchid display set up every year in the atrium. I love it.

3/28/2008 8:15 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Greg and his dad thought they WERE epiphytes ON the palm. I don't think they are orchids at all but rather the bloom of that particular palm. Grammy will know - - - she'll tell us.

3/28/2008 8:27 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Actually, Donny, I was TRYING to find some epiphytes per your suggestion, and thus this whole conversation.

3/28/2008 8:28 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Don't let Greg and Dad know...you and Donny are right...they are the bloom from the traveler's palm.

3/28/2008 8:48 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

What do you mean, don't let Greg know!!!! I think I'll save this and then RUB IT IN the next time he picks on me!!!!

Thanks for the info!!!

3/28/2008 8:50 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Yeah, you probably owe him a few "gotchas". Still remember the "Tuckers Grade"!!!!

3/28/2008 8:54 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about - - - I OWE him for all the gotcha's he's pulled on me.

3/28/2008 8:55 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

MMMM that salad looks amazing

3/28/2008 11:02 PM  
Blogger Martin LaBar said...

Some beautiful sunset photos!

3/29/2008 4:24 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks, Dr. LaBar

3/29/2008 8:54 AM  
Blogger grammy said...

After looking at those blooms, that may be a Bird of Paradise, but I have never seen one that large. Maybe we should get an "expert" opinion from a blogger!!

Maybe "Muggie with Marshies" could answer the question.

3/29/2008 9:18 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Is a Bird of Paradise an epiphyte??? Cause those flowers were DEFINITELY growing ON the Traveler's Palm.

3/29/2008 4:48 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh - - - and the Traveler's Palm ouside of Dad's condo had the same blooms - - - I saw them later, after I took these pictures.

3/29/2008 4:49 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

If all else fails - - - google. Those ARE the blooms of the palm itself. :-)

3/29/2008 5:14 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

OK Lena, here's the "skinny" on the palm...the Bird of Paradise is in the palm family. Those blooms are for sure NOT epiphytes which can also be in the bromiliad family. When the Traveler's palms are small, they can be mistaken for Bird of Paradise (per Florida landscape book) but the Traveler's palm grows much larger.

3/29/2008 9:22 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

YAY!!!! We solved the mystery of the pseudo epiphyte blooms on the Traveler's Palm. (Actually - - - I also found that the Traveler's Palm is not an actual palm but rather is related to the banana plant!!)

3/29/2008 9:28 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

This is getting too funny....those fronds do look like the banana plant...back to the garden book... LOL

Can you tell, I have bills to pay and taxes to gather, hence the blogging.

3/29/2008 9:38 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Hey - - - I'm the QUEEN of using the blog to procrastinate yucky stuff - - - so I'll be NO HELP at all in chasing you back to more important things!!!!

3/29/2008 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home