Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Wish Spring Was "Sprung"


I looked out the window Sunday afternoon and saw sleet and snow coming down. I guess maybe that is slow or sneet, take your pick. I thought YIKES!!!! Will Spring never come to Central Indiana???? I WANT SPRING TO BE SPRUNG!!!!


Today we have this.



Blue skies, sunshine, green grass, and chilly temperatures. Still nary a tree leaf in sight. BUT - - - - we're getting CLOSER!!!!



Now for a couple of "Progress Notes." The tulips hubby planted to surprise me.



No blossoms yet but some buds are showing!!!



Remember that dead old brown grass we had last summer after Greg tried to eradicate the crab grass and only managed to kill the entire lawn?

Well - - - DEAD LAWN NO MORE!!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lone Butterfly said...

I am sure I broke at least three commandments coveting the grass that is your lawn.

I'll trade you a pile of flowers and pollen for 3 square feet of green grass!

4/15/2008 10:38 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Dear Lone, Hubby has unholy pride in his grass. He feeds it and babies it. That is why I found it sooooo funny when it all DIED last summer. But he has it better than ever now, doesn't he? If you look in my August and September 2007 archives, you will see how D-E-A-D it was. Pretty dead!!!

4/16/2008 4:34 AM  
Blogger grammy said...

That is one beautiful lawn and with the tulips---he's getting closer to daylillies!!

"lone butterfly" must be somewhere in the "south" if she can trade you blooming flowers. I was checking out her blog and think I spied some azaleas.

Anywho...you guys win the "yard of the month award from blog world"!!

4/16/2008 9:47 PM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

I've missed you, too, pal! Hope everything is ok.

I check on Chrissy every day and have been praying for them. I've been praying for a sign of some kind for her family to know that she'll pull through this. God is an amazing God.

Your lawn looks great! and I can't wait to see the color of your tulips. I will post my gladiolas when they bloom, ok? Glad to see you are getting some sunshine-finally!

4/17/2008 12:00 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Headless, thanks for checking on Chrissy. The picture on her site was taken during her FIRST hospital go-round. She doesn't look that "chipper" now - - - she's covered head to toe, like a mummy, in bandages.

I'm curious too about the color of the tulips. Hubby says he "can't remember" what color they will be. Silly man.

4/17/2008 4:22 AM  
Blogger Shoemaker Family said...

That dead lawn post was one of the firsts I read and followed on your blog and the hubby and I were both believers in your blog starting then. We laughed so hard...at your husbands misfortune. It was so nice of him to offer his pride for our humor! :)

4/17/2008 8:00 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Shoemakers - - - - LIKE I GAVE HIM A CHOICE about offering his pride for all our laughter. I didn't ask - - - I just posted away.

But he was a good sport about it, wasn't he????

I think now he ALMOST sees it as a blessing, 'cause now his grass is better than ever.

4/17/2008 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home