Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Boy and his Granpaw


Once upon a time a very cute and very silly little boy decided he would have an adventure with his Granpaw.


This is that boy.


First he helped his mommy open presents for his new baby sister, he even put part of the present on his head. Now that wasn't REALLY part of his adventure with Granpaw, but it was just way too cute and silly to be saved for later, so it became part of his adventure anyway.


Granpaw took the boy fishing.


Granpaw did MOST of the fishing, but the boy didn't care because there were lots of things to see and something to climb on.


The sun was setting and there was a cool breeze which ruffled the boy's hair. How could it get any better than this?

Then suddenly it did! Granpaw caught a fish, a little bass.


Granpaw showed the boy what all great fishermen do when they catch a prize fish. The boy didn't really like the wet slimy lips - - - but Granpaw said this was a cool thing to do, so he did it anyway. Granpaw's have great influence over little boys and should always be very, very careful of what they teach them.


Next, while Granpaw was throwing Mr. Bass back in the pond and washing the slime off his hands, the boy stopped to smell the posies.


Granpaw took the boy to a tire swing in the park. He pushed him high in the air.


The boy felt just like a bird.


Granpaw surprised the boy by swinging too - - - just like another kid.

But even the best of days must eventually come to an end. This one was no exception.


The boy snuggled down in his car seat and slept all the way home.

The end.

Or, is it just the beginning?

19 Comments:

Blogger grammy said...

What a darling story in the life of our Macky.The pix are printing reallly well now. I can frame these!!!

Did Granpaw outgrow Papoo??? And how many times did he remind Macky not to fall in water??? How precious, and how patient Granpaw has been in waiting to take his Granson fishing.

6/19/2008 9:09 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

No - - - we still call Granpaw Papoo, but for the STORY I called him Granapaw - - - more universal, you know!

6/19/2008 9:20 PM  
Blogger Jay & Tammy Tropf said...

HAHA! that was soooo cute! I LOVED it! Keri has made you a proud grandma......that's for sure! Okay....so I read your message about finding myself on your list...my first thought, "Oh, no.....who knows what Keetha put!!" HA So, it wasn't so bad....kinda cute! But, I was wondering if "Georgia on my mind" would be better?! =) Love ya

6/19/2008 10:16 PM  
Blogger nancygrayce said...

What precious grandchildren! They are the greatest gift ever!

Oh, and keetha, your church pew has a story, you just don't know it! There's just no telling who sat on that pew, who sang praises and who may have heard God first calling them in that very pew!

Again, congratulations!

6/19/2008 11:05 PM  
Blogger Lone Butterfly said...

You're a very special Kamma and Papoo to know that little boys need a little extra love when there are cute baby Pipers around.

Praying for a speedy recovery and lots more happy faces!

6/20/2008 7:44 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Tammy - - - there's also "Midnight Train to Georgia."

But,I think I like what I gave you, so it's staying.

Nancy - - - you are so right about my pew, I never THOUGHT of that.

Lone - - - it' EASY to give Macky extra love right now since we are staying here at his house with him while mommy and daddy are in the hospital with little Piper.

6/20/2008 8:46 AM  
Blogger ~Molly~ said...

This is perhaps the sweetest blog post I've ever seen!!

Molly

6/20/2008 9:05 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks, Molly!!!

If you liked this one, put "Macky's Day Out" in the search line up there above this blog - - - that is another little story I wrote about Macky a year ago at our son's graduation party.

6/20/2008 9:24 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

What a fun adventure MJ had!! What is it like to be a kid again? OH wait I already know that as I dont think I'll grow up! LOL Just like Papoo on that swing =) hehe

6/20/2008 11:57 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Keetha the picture of Greg and Mack swinging together is priceless...you need to blow that up into a poster!!!! or send it to a magazine....

6/20/2008 12:49 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you all for your WONDERFUL comments about my little picture story.

6/20/2008 1:46 PM  
Blogger Martin LaBar said...

I've read worse children's books. . .

6/20/2008 2:49 PM  
Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

I love your story, Keetha! You are so clever.

6/20/2008 3:22 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Dr. LaBar - - - I honestly HAVE tried my hand at writing children's books - - -'cause reading them to my children I thought "I could do this." I STILL think I can - - - only finding the publisher and knowing how to go about that is quite daunting. I tried that at one time to no avail - - - - -

Did you see the note in my cbox about my mom? I am praying that she will just quietly go home in her sleep. Things are getting progressively more difficult for her - - - simple things like breathing.

6/20/2008 3:35 PM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I sooooo loved that story! And that B&W pic of the 2 on the swing-PRICELESS. You should put that story and the pics in one of those books at winkflash fror like 20 bucks. A family treasure!

6/20/2008 6:12 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I don't know about winkflash - - - do tell details!!! BTW - - - its SEPIA not B&W. Hehehehehehehehehe

6/20/2008 6:20 PM  
Blogger Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I LOVE the pic of granpaw and the boy!!! VERY precious!

6/21/2008 12:16 AM  
Blogger The Kittelson's Krazy Korner said...

Looks like Papoo and Mackinley had a great time together. Love the story! I could read it over and Over.

6/22/2008 12:50 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks Kittelsons!!!

6/22/2008 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home