Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Adventure For a Supper


Those of you who know me well know I don't keep groceries in the house. No, I'm NOT exaggerating, our refrigerator is nearly always NAKED but for some condiments in the door, and lately a few dozen eggs which I scramble for my breakfasts.

So, yesterday in the midst of the winter storm, Greg said he'd take me to the the grocerystore so we would be able to eat.

I've said before how deceptive that storm was - - - by looking out the window, it didn't look like a blizzard (no huge flakes, no white out in the air), and it didn't even seem that we were getting much accumulation as there were still large nearly bare places in the yard.

The trip to the store was a high adventure, even in an off road, 4X4, honkin' big, sky high, Dodge pickup. Every few feet we had to plow through drifts which were scraping the underside of the truck and threatening to mire us.

But, mission was accomplished and I got the ingredients to make Joel's "Skillet Lasagna" recipe which he so kindly posted for us on Thursday Table. I never "do" a recipe exactly as written - - - so here are the results with my own slight variations.

Hot and fresh from the oven. That was my main change to the recipe. When the noodles were cooked, I not only layered on parmesan and cottage cheese (in place of the ricotta) but also shredded co-jack and mozzarella, then popped the whole thing in the oven for about a half an hour.

With some servings missing! Yummy!!! Thank you Joel for the idea and the recipe.

6 Comments:

Blogger grammy said...

When Greg called today and was telling about skillet lasagne, I asked him if it was Joel's recipe. Of course, he doesn't know our blog friends but he sure was bragging about your skillet lasagne. It looks sooooo good!!!

I'm like you about adding to recipes...I always add a few fresh herbs (Jim calls it "jungle food" but scarfs it down anyway)!! Ha!!

2/14/2007 10:45 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

It is good - - - but all the credit for this one goes to Joel!!!

2/14/2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger Char said...

This is why people in CA don't have character - life is too easy here. No one would brave the elements to make a home-cooked meal - they'd expect the delivery service to brave the elements to bring the meal to them!
(Me excluded.)

2/15/2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Char - - - I don't USUALLY make home cooked meals either.

2/15/2007 2:59 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Keetha!!! That looks yummy . . . so glad that it turned out. You got the best of both worlds: the stovetop ease and the oven browning.

And heck, that'll be good for several days of leftovers, right? (It always is for me!)

Hooray!

2/15/2007 11:55 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Yes Joel, we did have leftovers - - - but they are all gone now!!!

2/16/2007 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home