Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Yesterday's Labor of Love - - -

Dethatching. Back and forth, back and forth ONE WAY and then start all over and go back and forth, back and forth the OTHER way. (See the lines in the non-grass?)


Please do not think I am MAKING him work like this on his day off. I would probably save the $$$ and just let the grass (or weeds as the case may be) come back on their own.

No - - - Greg LOVES his lawn and he LOVES the work that goes into keeping it up. So, even though this was difficult, back breaking work - he came in that night exhausted but HAPPY.

(Notice the Golf Course hasn't gotten very far in clearing away that fallen tree in the background!!!)


Here is the dethatched product, waiting for the first seed to fall.

This is ONE time when it is certainly true that things have to get WORSE before they can get better!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Toevs said...

Glad you found a way to water the lawn without having any rain. Just a few more days and it can rain. We're almost ready. :-) Oh, wait... the roads need to get done first. They say the first of October. Can you wait that long? Ha Ha

9/15/2007 8:38 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Silly goose!!! I guess we can wait as long as we have to, can't we!?! (I can just hear little Emma preachin' it!)

I just hope this new grass gets a good foothold before winter weather sets in. Fall is actually a GREAT time to plant grass - - - IF it gets a good chance to get going before the really cold weather sets in.

9/15/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

okay now wait, which one looks like a mini eiffel tower? the lawn watering contraption or your shadow?????

9/17/2007 3:22 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Haley!!!! I HOPE my shadow does NOT look like a mini Eiffel tower - - -I HOPE it is the lawn watering contraption that looks like the tower!!! (I don't know though - - - my hips are widening - - - )

9/17/2007 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home