Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Bummies = Summer!

Nothing says summer like a good old fashioned drive-in root beer stand complete with car hops.

And there is not a better drive-in than Bummies.


Mackinley agrees.


He especially enjoyed the part where Papoo let him "drive" while waiting for the food to arrive.


"Hey, look at me Kamma!"


Macky sat on the floor between the two front seats to eat his hot dog and shake. I told him to smile and this is the face he gave me. Oh, don't worry - - - he wasn't angry OR pouting - - - he KNEW he was doing the opposite of what was requested, and even this little two year old knows that God wrote a permanent sign on MY forehead that says "Pick on Me."

12 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

You are doing your job well Keetha...spoiling the grandchildren!!! ha!

6/20/2008 11:41 PM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

Smoochable!

I sooo miss a real drive-in. We don't even have a Sonic close.

Tragic!

6/21/2008 12:36 AM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

So cute! Phil and I went to drive-ins both nights of our Guatemala team garage sale. Sonic Thursday night. Dog N Suds Friday night. I was too tired and lazy to cook plus we had to drop things off at the Salvation Army!

Frosty Mug rootbeer - ahh. The only time I drink root beer.

6/21/2008 8:44 AM  
Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

I´d don´t know if I´ve ever been to a drive-in. Hmmm. Maybe ONCE?? Not entirely sure. Guess that's one American experience Gerson and I can experience for the first time together!! Who wants to come along?

6/21/2008 8:52 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh - - - don't bother with Sonic or Dog 'N Suds - - - they are IMPOSTERS. When you are home we will plan a run over to Bummies - - - it is the REAL McCOY I tell ya!!!

6/21/2008 9:00 AM  
Blogger Lone Butterfly said...

We have Sonic, no Bummies here - but at our Sonic the little carhops are on rollerblades or roller skates and my Caterpillars think that is the funniest thing ever!

I'm impressed they don't drop my food!

6/21/2008 9:26 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

No - - - you wouldn't have a Bummies, cause that is the name of the family who own the drive-in - - - but if you look closely at the sign you will see they are under the BK Rootbeer franchise. They are BETTER than the other BK's I've been to though.

6/21/2008 9:49 AM  
Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

Is this restaurant in Bluffton? I don't remember it in Marion.

6/21/2008 10:47 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Bluffton. We HAVE a BK drive-in on the bypas in Marion and one on the east side of Gas City too - - - but they are just plain old BK's and NOT to be confused with Bummies! Hehehehehehehehe

6/21/2008 12:05 PM  
Blogger The Kittelson's Krazy Korner said...

Wish we had a Drive in. No Sonic or anything of the sort in Alexandria.=( Looks Yummmy!!!

6/22/2008 12:47 AM  
Blogger Keri said...

Betsy you guys can come to Bummies and then I can meet you finally!!!

6/22/2008 3:27 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I DEFINITELY think we need to bring Betsy and Gerson and "little baby Tejeda" to Bummies NEXT summer.

6/22/2008 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home