Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Friday, July 04, 2008

Cook Out


We had a family cook-out at Lake Tippecanoe. For all you nonHoosiers, yes, there really IS a Lake Tippecanoe, and it is pronounced like capsizing your narrow pointy skiff!!

This is cousin Kevin, aka Chief Grill Master.


And this is cousin Bruce, aka first assist to the Chief Grill Master.


And this dark charred object on my plate is the cheeseburger that the two spatula wielders dug out of the coals from whence it fell and presented to me. They're a laugh a minute, those two!!!



Preacher cousin Kent.


Christy who married cousin Bruce and does her dead level best to keep him in line. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.


On the right is my cousin Karen with her cousin Barb.

Yesterday I went to the Beauty School to get a pedicure. Barb is a student there and she was giving another lady a pedicure at the same time that I was getting mine. We all chatted merrily like a bunch of magpies. IMAGINE our surprise today to end up at the same family picnic!!!! Seems we share the SAME cousin, only on opposite sides of her family. What are the chances of that?????


After getting our fill of burgers and dogs, we spent time boating.



Oh, we did a good bit of this too.

It was quite simply a perfect day. Hope yours was too.

14 Comments:

Blogger nanatrish said...

Oh to have been back in my home, Indiana. You guys look like you are having a wonderful time. I think that is too funny about your pedicure and then the next day.boom, there she is again. You guys look like you had so much fun. These will be memories for the rocking chair on the front porch. Loving it!!

7/05/2008 5:42 AM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Looks like a great day.

Phil, Scott, Katie & I went to the Latino Festival at Headwaters Park in Fort Wayne for dinner, walked around the park and the Old Fort then headed to the coliseum parking lot to watch the fireworks.

I am tired this a.m. and we have our open house from 1-4 p.m.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

7/05/2008 7:59 AM  
Blogger grammy said...

We had an "old folks at home" (with 2 kitties)4th!!! But we did enjoy!!! I fixed pork chops with Granny Smith apples, sweet potato with honey & cinn. and I fixed a "4th USA Birthday" cake with fresh strawberries & blueberries (not to worry Keetha, pic is on camera and will post). Enjoyed the "Capitol 4th" celebration on TV. DJ & I danced to Jerry Lee Lewis, Huey Lewis and the News, Brian Stokes Mitchell, and now it's on to Curves for some more dancin!!!

7/05/2008 9:46 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Grammy - - - how SWEET that you and DJ danced your way through the 4th!!! I LOVE it. Hubby picked on me unmercifully as usual through the 4th. I doubt that dancing ever ONCE entered his mind!!!

BTW - - - Dad did bring mom to the picnic. They didn't stay real long, and mom wasn't very comfortable - - - but she got to come. It was one of her "life goals" to get there, and in true "mom" style, she did it!!!

Also, the picnic was at Uncle Clinton's home (he and his wife brought mom and dad to your house in Madison.) He can no longer live there alone, but they still own the house and because they had started a 4th of July picnic tradition there, they decided to keep it going.

7/05/2008 12:07 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

I thought that was Clinton's daughters or maybe D-I-L but forgot they had a house there. I thought you guys were spending weekend there. So glad your mother and dad were there. That must have done them both a world of good!!!

7/05/2008 2:21 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

ooops, one more thing...why can't he live there alone??? That is a beautiful spot!!!

Oh, one more thing...I called Kyle cause I thought he was housesitting again and wanted to find out if he was "keeping books"!!!Ha!! Much to my surprise he was on top of a roof when I called. He's going to call me back later. Want to tell him about these people I know their grandson is interning at Tally TV station and offer him room and board next summer if it would help.

7/05/2008 2:26 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh - - - he'd LOVE to intern down there. But neither he nor we know anything about interning - - - how to get a position etc. What do you know about that?

Yes, he IS helping a family roof right now. He is LOVING the work!!! I can't believe it - - - following in his dad's footsteps in that way I guess.

Uncle Clinton, like all of his sisters except my mom, is going the route of suffering with much age related senility. So, he cannot live there alone anymore. He has moved in with his son Kent, who lives in the area but on another much smaller lake.

7/05/2008 2:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know where Lake Tippy is!! I used to live around there. I haven't been to IN since 2003, but I still have lots of friends in Huntington and also Elkhart.

Looks like y'all had a great 4th!

7/05/2008 2:47 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

I will find out all I can about how he got the job. Seems like he was posting his own newscast on his lappy, someone discovered it and told him with his talent he should contact WCTV in Tally, which he did and that's how he got the internship.

My thought exactly about following in his dad's footsteps. Greg's experience in building has certainly helped thru the years.

7/05/2008 2:53 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

That is really sad to Jim & I. Clinton & Barbara were such a nice couple & we enjoyed our visit with them & of course your folks.

7/05/2008 2:57 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Heather@not a diy life:

You mentioned Huntington...did you know anyone that would have graduated from there, in probably 1950? His name is Dick Wilson and he married one of my high school friends.

7/05/2008 3:05 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Heather, thank you for coming to my blog and commenting!!! I went to your blog and see you are a Steelers fan - - - I'll still be happy to have you at my blog in SPITE of that! Hehehehehehe

7/05/2008 3:13 PM  
Blogger nancygrayce said...

That looks like a good time!

7/06/2008 6:27 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

It was a nearly perfect day in all ways, NancyGrace!!! Wish you could have been there with us.

7/06/2008 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home