Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Experimental Error

I decided to try to capture some of the fireworks on the 4th.

I found it quite difficult to snap the camera at the right moment


And even more difficult to hold still while the shutter was open.


These three pictures are the best of my results - - - and even they are full of experimental error as you can see.


This is for my friend Michelle. She mentioned on her blog that there were never rainbows in Indiana. Well, this morning I looked out my front door and saw THIS in the western sky.


Again, my pitiful attempts at photography do not do it justice.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Just had to comment on this one.....I looked for a rainbow yesterday morning, but never did see it.
But....this past Friday night, I saw the 4th rainbow within the past month !! Right here in Marion, IN !!! They have been so beautiful. They have been complete arcs and 2 of them have been double arcs ! God's creation is marvelous ! They have been awe-inspiring and a wonder to look at.

7/08/2008 8:14 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Great pics! I always wondered if you could capture fireworks on camera. I met Milton yesterday! I just put two and two together! I will have to go see him now! He is the assistant director of the doctorate of Ministry program which is closely linked to what Brian is doing. Well if you get bored, come and swing this way! KY is beautiful!

7/08/2008 9:54 AM  
Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

Keetha, my fireworks pictures have never turned out, so kudos to YOU! Those are actually pretty good!

7/08/2008 10:06 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Jackie, I'm JEALOUS that you've seen so many rainbows recently!!! But I was IMPRESSED with this one - - - it wasn't real bright, but it was the whole arc!!!

Shannon, Yes, I KNEW Milton had something to do with the Doctorate Ministry program. I'm so glad you ran into him - - - when you see him next time give him a hug from me. I'll e-mail and also and tell him to be on the look out for you.

Betsy, It was VERY hard to catch a firework in action - - - it would have HELPED if they'd been doing a lot at once. I had many blank photos where I caught nothing. Also, we were just in our driveway and the fireworks were way over at Ballard Field - - - so that didn't help either. But THANKS for your kudos - - - I was feeling like a fireworks failure!!! Hehehehehehe

7/08/2008 10:36 AM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I think that the photography is good. Good job

7/08/2008 11:39 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks Leigh!!! Somehow I feel that is like the violin maestro telling the squeeking student, "Great Job!!"

7/08/2008 11:46 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

What are your talking about??? Your 4th of July pics are very good!!!!

7/08/2008 8:21 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Well thanks, Vickie!!! But you can't see how many BLANK BLACK picture I ended up with just trying to get these three semi decent ones.

7/08/2008 8:39 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

I tried taking pictures of the fireworks, too! Yours turned out much better!

7/09/2008 1:51 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

But you were closer to yours than I was to mine - - - I would think yours would have been better. It was REALLY hard to know exactly WHEN to click!!!

7/09/2008 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home