Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

A Touch of Class


Which is making tears roll down my cheeks.


Photo by Kevin Lamarque/Reuters/Landov

Venus and Serena Williams played each other today for the Wimbledon Ladies' Singles Tennis Championship. And oh how they played.

These ladies are all class.

Considering I can barely hold a racket, my admiration for them knows no bounds.


photo by Ryan Pierse/Getty Images

It was Venus who was victor today, winning her 5th Wimbledon final. But I think what endeared her to me the most was the way she put her relationship to her sister over her accomplishment. Truly touching.


Photo by Xie Xiudong/Xinhua

Serena is also a star in my book.

I think because of their prowess as well as their attitudes these are the top two female athletes in the world.


6 Comments:

Blogger Lone Butterfly said...

Forget Britney Spear's mother - I would like Serena & Venus' mother to sit down with Peyton & Eli's mother, Oliva, and write a parenting book.

Now that would be a best seller!

7/05/2008 12:57 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Is Britney's mother writing a parenting book????????????? YIKES!!

Yes - - - there's a whole 'nother blog post about watching Venus and Serena's mother watch them play each other!!!

7/05/2008 1:20 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Hey Keetha! It was great catching up on your blog. My family and I were in Chicago for a few days! I will post about it later.....I need a nap!!

7/05/2008 8:12 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Vickie - - - I MISSED you in blogland, didn't know you were in Chicago, but I knew you were pretty QUIET on here and on your blog too!!!!

Can't wait to see Chicago pix

7/05/2008 8:31 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

I didn't get to see them play but I kept thinking about their family and wondering how they feel during the matches. Either way the family wins but it would be a strange position to be in - cheering for both at the same time.

A little insight - maybe - into how God feels about us. Cheering us ALL on to win. No favorites. Just loving all of us on to victory!

7/06/2008 6:32 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Cool thoughts, Kathy.

In the postgame interview the reported asked Venus if it isn't very difficult on their mother to watch them play each other and how does she know which one to cheer for. Venus grinned and said, "I always think she wants ME to win." It was a very cute/sweet moment.

7/06/2008 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home