Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Monday, July 07, 2008

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!!!


We ALWAYS go on vacation to the northwoods of Wisconsin for the last two weeks of July. ALWAYS.

Go ahead, look at your calendar. What do YOU call the last two weeks of July '08??? Hmmmm? I'm talking Saturday to Saturday as a week (that's how our vacation cabin is booked.) I say the last two weeks are July 19 - August 2. What do YOU say??????

Well, if you agree with me, then you my dear are every bit as WRONG as I am.

For some reason this morning I got feeling very uneasy about which weeks the OWNER of the cabin calls the "last two weeks of July" so I called him. You may, or may not be surprised to hear that the last two weeks of July THIS YEAR are July 12 - 26.

Do you realize what this means??????

It means I will be doing this - - -


And this - - - by THURSDAY night of THIS WEEK!!!!!!

And hubby will be FRANTICALLY rearranging his oh-so-carefully already arranged vacation days from work.

And I will be FRANTICALLY getting out of my responsibilities at church for the next few weeks.

And hubby will only have one non-work day this week to organize all his "toys" for the trip.

And I will be frantically re-arranging all our hotel accommodations for the trip up and back.

And the BLOGGING PICNIC will have to be postponed.

And I will just have to BLOG ABOUT ALL OF IT!!!! Whooo Hoooo!!!


17 Comments:

Blogger grammy said...

The bright side to this...you guys are going to have fun SOONER!!!

Another bright side...we can't believe how few cars are now traveling I-75. You won't have much traffic to contend with this year and motels should be easy and cheaper to find.

The down side...I must hurry up and prepare Kyle's tally sheet for house, cats, birds-sitting expense during your vacation.

7/07/2008 1:14 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Grammy.

You can save your pencil lead - - - Kyle is NOT helping endear his financial NEEDS to me when he just came home having BOUGHT A NEW TEN SPEED BICYCLE!!!!! Yah - - - he's already spent that money he just earned roofing ON A BICYCLE!!!!!

I do NOT feel sorry about his financial "woes."

7/07/2008 1:24 PM  
Blogger Deven said...

Whoa. Don't stress! Breathe and pack, breathe and pack. I hope Greg's end of things gets worked out easily too.

7/07/2008 2:14 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I'm really not stressing - - - just having a bit of fun with POSTING about it.

Oh Praise God From Whom All Blessing Flow that I CALLED this morning to CHECK our dates.

7/07/2008 2:21 PM  
Blogger Deven said...

That's so true. I don't know if they would have called after the first few days of you not showing up, but my word. Imagine missing a week of your own vacation!

7/07/2008 2:56 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I KNOW!!! That would be TRAGICAL!!!

Greg has gotten all his eggs in new baskets - - - that was the BIG thing.

Me, I'm HOME for the summer - - - I can BLOG from anywhere I can find a wireless connection!!! ;-)

7/07/2008 3:05 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Sounds like Kyle is making some wise financial decisions!!! Bet the NEW bike was cheaper than NEW car. He is not adding to pollution of the air we breathe...thanks Kyle...and he doesn't have to "gas" that bike every time he wants to roam!!!

Keetha, save some time to go grocery shopping for Kyle before you leave or he may be forced to open some of those canned goods that Kelly removed the labels from!!!

7/07/2008 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, I hope you have wireless when you are in WI. I won't know how to get through my day without reading my "Keetha" blog.

Tee! Hee!

7/07/2008 5:41 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Grammy - - - I'll get him some groceries, but DO NOT feel sorry for his financial plight - - - it is of his OWN making.

Jackie, if there isn't wireless at my cabin (which there never has been before, so I'm not expecting it) the Hayward Public Library has free wireless. I go there and blog to my heart's content - - - so no fears, I'll still be blogging. Maybe not EVERY day, but at least every other.

7/07/2008 6:26 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

If you go to the Wesleyan Church at Hayward, please tell our friends hello. Tim & LeeAnn Conner and the rest of the team that has been to Guatemala when we have been there, too. Great group of people.

Have fun gathering and packing. We leave Friday for Guatemala and I am NOT packed yet. Lots to do and my back is hurting. I haven't been able to do much the past two days b/c of it.

7/07/2008 7:46 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Kathy, we WILL go to Hayward Wesleyan Church BOTH Sundays we are there. HOWEVER - - - they run about 700 people on any given Sunday morning with three different services. So, the chances of me seeing or meeting any of your friends are rather slim. This is what I WILL do - - - I'll tell both my Uncle who is one of the pastors on staff there AND Pastor Mark, who is the senior pastor that you have sent greetings. If any of the team members happen to be close at the time, I'm sure they will "hook me up."

7/07/2008 8:56 PM  
Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

I´m so glad Lappy will go with you!!

7/08/2008 10:05 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I'm so glad Greg was able to make the work switches so we CAN go!!!!

Yes - - - Lappy is my true friend, she goes where I go. :-)

I may have to post from the public library - - - but it is a very pleasant air conditioned place to spend part of an afternoon!!!

7/08/2008 10:53 AM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I hope you have a nice vacation.

7/08/2008 11:40 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Have a great vacation! I'm with you, the last two weeks would have meant July 19-Aug 2 to me too! Thank goodness you thought to check. Have a great time-looking forward to hearing about it.

7/08/2008 2:34 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

Don't forget clean undies.

7/10/2008 11:48 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for the reminder!!!

7/10/2008 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home