Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Osseo

Osseo, just minutes south of Eau Claire, is a quaint little Wisconsin town with deep Norwegian roots.


This very Scandinavian looking little park is a new addition to main street this year. The idea was to have pygmy goats on that grassy roof, but the "powers that be" have yet to approve the plan.


The main attraction in Osseo (at least for us and MANY others like us) is the ORIGINAL Norske Nook in its new home. Hehehehehe - - - original in a new home - - - kind of an oxymoron, isn't? Well, Osseo is the original site of the Norske Nook which was across the street from this one, and which is still there but now specializes in coffee and gifts. The key word to describe Norske Nook food is: homemade, by which I mean made from scratch. Really.

One more point in their favor - - - they have FREE wireless. I did not know that until this visit, so I left lappy in the car. I shall NOT make that mistake next year!!


Norwegian scene wall mural.


This might look like hubby is hinting it's time to go - - - - but that is NOT the case.

There's an hour time difference here, so when he told me the time I asked if that was Indiana or Wisconsin time. He replied that people with HIS IQ could make the adjustment just by looking at their watch!

This is a reference, one of many, to the time he scored a 160 on an IQ test (with the help of all his nurses at work, I might add) and I only scored 140 on the same test (by myself, I might also add!!)



I sure hope you want to see what I had for lunch, brunch actually, because I'm going to show it to you anyway!!! This is my FAVE, a Denver Lefse Wrap. Do you see all that goodness just PACKED inside that lefse? And the hollandaise sauce is to die for!!!

But I was NOT satisfied with just that - - - oh no I was not!!! Just take a look at what else I had!!!


Lemon Meringue Pie - - - and the meringue is up to the sky!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

What a fun place! I love the idea of goats on the roof!

7/11/2008 4:46 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Isn't that funny? I don't know if the town is going to let them put goats up there or not. It doesn't belong to Norske Nook - - - it's across the street.

The other yummy dish that Norske is known for is roasted meat (turkey, beef, or pork - - - your choice) on homemade bread beside mashed potatoes with homemade gravy over it all. YUM

7/11/2008 4:58 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

So glad you showed the food. When I saw the "Bakery" sign, and even from the outside, it just looks like "come on in the food is yummy"!! I would have loaded up with homemade bread, and the likes, to take camping with you.

7/11/2008 5:37 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Nope - - - we didn't load up on anything except all the food we ate while we were there!!

7/11/2008 5:38 PM  
Blogger groovyoldlady said...

The food looks tasty and the Norwegian flair is awesome. Maybe we should set our sights on a new vacation destination, eh?

Goats on THAT roof? No way! Pygmies are stubborn and they pee and poop alot. Who's going to go up there and clean? Hmmmm? Where will they stash the grain and hay and water? What are they going to do when a disgruntled pygmy tosses his cousin down on top of a tourist?

Groovy says keep goatlings on the ground but give them rocks and crates to climb on. Then the tourists can go in among them and feed them and pet them and get butted and chewed on.

7/12/2008 6:52 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - you do know a lot about goats, Groovy!! All I know is I've seen photos from Scandinavian countries and they had grass WITH GOATS on the roof. I don't know HOW they did it - - - I've just seen that they DID do it.

7/12/2008 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home