Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bird and Breakfast


Our bird feeders have attracted flocks of birds. We have nuthatches (two kinds) chickadees, downy woodpeckers, cardinals, juncos and goldfinch.

I've tried for days now to capture them with my camera, but they see me coming to the window and fly the coop. All I've been able to catch are these goldfinch and juncos in their winter coats.

So, since I don't have exciting pictures, let me liven up this post with a little poem my mom used to quote to us when we were kids.

"Birdie, birdie in the sky,


Drop some whitewash in my eye.

I won't scream and I won't cry,


I'm just glad that cows can't fly!!!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Char said...

I love that poem. I learned a slightly different version, clean, of course!

2/18/2008 12:31 PM  
Blogger Martin LaBar said...

That's some poem!

2/18/2008 12:54 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Interesting, Char - - - I "googled" the poem before I posted it to see what version I could find online. I only found one, and I liked my "memory version" of my mom's better - - - so went with it.

2/18/2008 1:16 PM  
Blogger Amy R. said...

Don't give up! My patience paid off with some great pics of birds in WI!

2/19/2008 12:33 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

OK - - - I'll keep trying.

I saw a GORGEOUS Mr. Cardinal yesterday, but he flew before I could click.

2/19/2008 4:18 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Keep trying! I need a new wallpaper.

2/20/2008 11:57 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Actually, to relieve your suspense, my version was:

Birdie Birdie in the sky
Drop some white stuff in my eye
Me no baby, Me no cry
Me just glad that cows can't fly

Your version has better grammar!

2/20/2008 11:59 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - perhaps my mother edited the grammar since she is a stickler for being well spoken.

2/20/2008 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home