Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Google Finds


I am fascinated with how random people find my blog. One way they do is by googling. My site meter makes it possible for me to trace a "google" hit on my blog back to the words or phrases googled. Here are some recent googles:

1) The straightforward "keetha broyles."
But what is less than straightforward is WHERE some of these googles originate - - - - places like Europe and Asia. Who in the world over there knows me????? Oh, maybe they can HEAR me that far away and followed the sound of my voice.

2) Googling one of my children - - -
I presume these are long lost classmates looking for them. KIDS: If it is Publisher's Clearing House trying to deliver $10 million - - - remember they found you through MY BLOG so you have to SHARE!!!! :-)

3) "There's a nip in the air definition"
"There's a Nip in the Air," was the title of one of my posts and some soul overseas googled to ferret out the meaning of the phrase. Hope my blog was enlightening!!!

4) "Purchase Folger's caramel groove."
Oh how fun THIS one is!!! That USED to be my favorite instant latte, fact which I mentioned in a post, until Folger's either quit making the stuff or at least stopped marketing it in MY area. I guess OTHERS out there in latte land are missing it too!!!!

5) "C-box communicator."
That's the fun little conversation aid that I have posted in the margin of my blog - - - thanks to blatantly STEALING the idea from Number One Daughter. I suppose that particular googler was wanting information on how to get a c-box of their own.

6) "PJ's inside out, spoon under pillow"
This is my personal runner-up as a favorite. It has been googled to my blog in some version or other more than ten times. I guess I'm not the ONLY person who heard that NPR story and googled to see what could be found.

AND NOW THE WINNER, AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE IS:

7) "HUMMEL WANNA BE'S"
Yes - - - they googled it in all caps. I wonder if they were "Robbie Hummel" wannabe's? (Fabulous Freshman Purdue BB player in case you don't recognize the name.) Whatever Hummel wannabe's they were, they came to MY blog because I had a title "Retirement WANNABE'S" and JoEllen HUMMEL left a comment on that post!!!! (That time the caps are just to indicate the google link)

Fun Stuff.

How did YOU find my blog?

32 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

That's so interesting. That's cool that you can figure that out. I found your blog...because you told me to go read it!!!

2/23/2008 9:29 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Shannon!!!!! There IS that - - - - me TELLING people to go read it!!!!

Well - - - HOWEVER you came here, I'm SOOOOOO glad you did and now when you (and I can barely say it) move away we will still have this to help us stay in touch.

How did you like my foggy sunrise pictures?

2/23/2008 9:32 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Beautiful foggy sunrise! And see I already read yours and wrote you back! Pretty amazing. Ok, I must go and shower!

2/23/2008 9:43 AM  
Blogger Martin LaBar said...

I believe it was from a comment you made on someone else's blog.

2/23/2008 10:05 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Surprise, surprise - - - a shy quiet person like MOI being able to find the COURAGE to comment on someone's blog!!!! Will miracles never cease!

2/23/2008 10:31 AM  
Blogger Deven said...

I think it was a comment on mine... However, my post-kid memory CAN'T be trusted.

2/23/2008 11:15 AM  
Blogger grammy said...

How I found your blog??? Guess it goes back to the 1970's BC (before computers) and my son started his college career in Central SC...and the rest is history and what a wonderful journey is has been!!!!!

2/23/2008 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I found your Blog? I guess I'm one of the lucky few who get to call you family. :-)

2/23/2008 12:17 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

Mom this is probably my favorite post you've ever done!! I love it!

And I think 'I' get the credit for you even blogging in the first place!!! =) So the question would be...how did YOU find MY blog?? hehe

2/23/2008 12:20 PM  
Blogger Jaena said...

hmmmm...you have been blogging so long that I can't remember when I didn't have your blog to check. Did you leave a comment on mine or tell me about yours first?

2/23/2008 12:24 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Keri - - - you are the TRUE blogging queen as you DID get me started and I DO remember how I "found" your blog - - - you sent an e-mail announcing that you had started a family blog of pictures. After watching it for something like a year, I decided to give it a try myself.

Don - - - the PRIVILEGE of calling each other family is all mine, I'm very proud of being related to you!!! It means so much to us blogger cousins that you check our blogs so often and comment from time to time. Thanks!!!!

Deven, I don't remember exactly WHERE I may have put a comment, or who had a link to me or one to you that made us BOTH realize that while WORKING together every day (at that time we were co-sponsors and Wednesday prayer partners) we did not know that the other was a blogger. I ALSO remember the first comment you left on my blog "You a blogger - - - who knew?!?" (Or something close to that with that same sentiment)

Grammy - - - your history with me started in the fall 1972, though you didn't know it until about the spring of '74 when I FIRST invaded the private space of your own home on Jambalana Lane

And Jaena, strange as it may be I think I found your blog, or you mine through JoEllen. She SOMEHOW out of the clear blue found my blog and reconnected with me, and through her comments and links I found the whole wonderful little world of my hometown bloggers.

My - - - ain't blogging GRAND!!!???

2/23/2008 1:00 PM  
Blogger Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I found you through Joellen Hummel's blog!!

2/23/2008 2:44 PM  
Blogger Bart and Paula Wakeman said...

I found you through Joellen's blog. My sister went to school with her and Burke, and sang in Chorale with Beau and Nicole. When I was pregnant and having complications they had their babies and she told me the story. So when I finally got a blog of my own, (not to mention a computer too!!!) I looked up her blog to see an update on the babies and there was a comment from you!!! I commented on your blog and *poof* we reconnected!

2/23/2008 10:39 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

All these "walks down memory lane" are so fun!!

2/23/2008 10:41 PM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

You visited me from a comment I left elsewhere, commented and the rest is history, as they say. It's fun to have a pal far away that I never would have met otherwise!

2/24/2008 12:27 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Ditto back to you, headless. I enjoy your blog.

2/24/2008 2:43 PM  
Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

I found your blog one day while driving through a small village in Guatemala.


Just wanted to see if you were paying attention! :)

2/24/2008 4:01 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Methinks thou dost pull my leg!!!

I'm glad you found it anyway.

2/24/2008 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog on Shannon Bradfords blog

2/25/2008 11:53 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for commenting, Anonymous - - - but who are you?

2/25/2008 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't the point of being anonymous???

2/25/2008 4:32 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

OK - - - I'll give you that. BUT, for some people it isn't that they are TRYING to be anonymous, just that they aren't google members so they sign in that way.

2/25/2008 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah,I know. I am not a google member so... but... This is
Angela (kelly) Vardaman :) I just had to tease you a bit. ;)

2/25/2008 5:00 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Well Angela, I didn't know you knew my friend shannon!!! What a small, small world!!!

2/25/2008 8:12 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I saw your comment on Charity's blog and thought I'd check your blog out, and now I've decided I had better do as I'm told and leave a comment.

2/26/2008 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, Keetha, I know Shannon. Jeremy and I go to College church and Brian and Shannon and we are in the same young adult Sunday School class.
Angela

2/26/2008 8:22 AM  
Blogger Loving Our Homeschool said...

Okay, okay, coming out of lurk mode. I only lurk once in awhile to see what crazy thing you might be talking about. LOL I think I "met" you on Kathy's blog once, but I have linked here from Kathy's blog (KT) and Anon's blog as well since they are both mutual friends of ours. KT from church and Anon from IWU.

I love looking at my site meter to see how people found my blog too! Kind of crazy!!

Heather

2/26/2008 1:56 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Heather - - - THANK YOU so much for delurking. I LOVE finding new friends this way. I have seen your avatar on both Kathy and Anon's blogs.

2/26/2008 5:47 PM  
Blogger Anon said...

I left a comment earlier today, but looks like it didn't come through.

I was telling you that I think I came to your blog because you showed up on mine somehow. Of course, I have this rule that if you comment on my blog, you become a link.

I've been addicted ever since. I just can't get enough of Funny Lady! Plus, I got to stick around so I can get invited to those Blog Parties. :) :)

2/26/2008 10:09 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks Anon.

And I came to your blog from a link on your favorite sis-in-law.

2/27/2008 4:26 AM  
Blogger The Claar Family said...

I read your blog from time to time, and I believe I found it via "Dangieland"...which I found by visiting "The Gafford Family". Reading blogs is a form of therapy for me, I may have to find out how addicted I am ;) Anyway, I like looking at the blogs linked to those of people I know. One thing that sort of hooked me on yours is a post in which you showed photos of kidney (?) stones!! Now that's a blog post! How could I NOT see what else you'd write about? :)

3/22/2008 12:33 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks so much, Claar family, for coming to my blog AND commenting. I find blogging as theraputic as you described. I read and comment on lots of blogs - - -as well as posting.

Yes - - - those were my husband's kidney stones. In fact, I've made a couple of posts about those as they tend to RULE OUR LIVES from time to time.

:-)

3/22/2008 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home