Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Go West Young Man - - -


We returned to West's Dairy yesterday - - -


This time to sample the wares. NO I did not eat a cone THIS SIZE!!!!!


Remember these? I do. This is what we used to get on our door step several mornings each week. We had a little metal insulated box in which the milk man placed the bottles. In the winter when it was really cold - - - like 30 below zero - - - dad would LISTEN for the milkman at 5 a.m. or so and get right up and bring the milk in or it would freeze, even in the insulated box.

No - - - West's doesn't USE these bottles any more, they just had then sitting there for people like me to use for going down memory lane - - -


When I was a girl in this town, the dairy didn't look quite like this on the inside - - - but they have decorated it in retro and have lots of dairy antiques scattered around.


And this IS the "scoop" of ice cream that I ate. This is a "half" scoop of Death by Chocolate and a "half" scoop of Chocolate Peanut Butter. I couldn't eat TWO scoops in one sitting if this is only ONE!!!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger grammy said...

I sure do remember bottles of milk delivered to your back door in those silver containers. Bet Greg can remember those on Jambolana too.

Now-a-days...you would have to hurry and get it, not because it would freeze but because someone would steal it!!! Bring back the good ole days!!!

7/15/2008 4:13 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

MMMMM that looks yummy!

7/15/2008 5:00 PM  
Blogger I can't find my blog said...

Sounds like you're having a great time!!

7/15/2008 7:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We lived too far out in the country to get milk delivery, so we had to go to the dairy to get our milk. But it was those same bottles, with the paper caps, and the cream on the top! Great memories!

7/16/2008 4:30 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Heather, you do NOT look old enough to remember those dairy days!!!!

7/17/2008 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right across the street from this ice cream shop is where my mother-in-law works (a pottery shop called Pottery at Best). I showed my husband these pictures and now he REALLY wants to go home for a visit!

-Heather Pratt

7/18/2008 10:41 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Well Heather, come on up - - - it's WONDERFUL up here this time of year!!!

7/18/2008 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home