Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Now Famous Hayward Library

Yesterday and today I've been blogging thanks to the free wireless service of the Hayward Community Library. Today I'm sitting in air-conditioned comfort at a lovely table. Yesterday was quite another story.


Yesterday the library was closed. Here you see Harley, our truck, parked in the empty parking lot. Hubby was going to let me sit on the bench outside the library and blog while he trundled away to a tackle shop.


The bench was quite inviting, and normally I would have thought that was a great plan. But are you remembering where we are?????? The NORTH WOODS of Wisconsin? A metropolis this ain't - - - -


As you can see from the OTHER view of the parking lot, it would have just been me and the wildlife!!!

Hubby looked at me sitting there in the middle of the wilderness on that bench with naught but deer and bear to keep me company and thought better of it. THAT'S how I ended up posting from inside the truck while hubby accompanied me with a drum solo on the steering wheel.

8 Comments:

Blogger ~Molly~ said...

I'm loving all the pictures!! Sounds like a fun trip so far despite the unsual blogging positions, lol.

Molly

7/14/2008 3:58 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

Awww!! He loves you!

7/14/2008 4:00 PM  
Blogger Indian Lake Papa said...

Heh heh - watch out for "bigfoot" out there in the big woods! lol

7/14/2008 4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your little cabin in the woods looks like the perfect place for a scary movie! :) i wish i was there though!

7/14/2008 10:17 PM  
Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

I´m glad your hubby had the good sense not to leave you alone with the wildlife!

7/15/2008 9:09 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - I didn't SEE any wildlife - - - mayhaps my imagination was running a bit to the wild side - - -

7/15/2008 2:27 PM  
Blogger Martin LaBar said...

Ah, Hayward. Some things have changed, obviously, since I was last in Sawyer County, about a quarter century ago. (For us, Hayward was one of the big cities.) Some not.

I'm sure that the Wesleyan Camp is long, long gone.

Thanks.

7/17/2008 3:33 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I don't think I ever saw the Hayward Camp even when I was a child - - - so yes, it is LONG LONG LONG gone.

As is Burr Camp now too.

The times they are a changin' and I mourn some of those changes.

7/17/2008 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home