Greg 'n Keetha Stuff

OK, let's be honest. This is really KEETHA stuff. Sometimes I write about Greg - - - but he has never in his life made one single post of his own. He has occasionally made a comment or two. So - - - come on in and visit with me, Keetha, for a while. I'd love it if you left your foot prints. (Interpretation: COMMENT PLEASE ;-)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States

Come on in. I'm a Wisconsin Badger who is Older than Dirt, Busy, Bubbly, Passionate, and a Prolific Communicator.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Sky Watch

Leigh over at "Big Daddy's Girl" periodically does a sky watch. We WATCHED, and experienced, this sky as we drove early this morning.

I couldn't believe this wall of clouds - - - rather like a mountain ridge - - - sitting right down over the road.


It almost felt like we were driving into a mammoth tunnel. The light was eerie, and I really didn't want to go under it, but in we went - - -


It rained and the sky began to evolve - - -


and change.


I don't think I've ever experienced a sky


Quite like it.


When the rain let up, and I thought the sky was going to clear. I agreed to drive.


As I pulled onto the interstate, I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Another wall of clouds up ahead, nearly identical to the first one. This time it rained, poured, and blew the truck and boat around on the road.

I took the first exit and parked at a bank in the Dells until this terror passed.

10 Comments:

Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

I have to say the clouds are beautiful in a strange sort of way. Having said that, I wouldn´t want to drive under them!

7/11/2008 4:44 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

They were beautiful - - - though I see that more clearly NOW that we are through them safely on the other side!!!! The first bank looked the worst, but it didn't produce the wind nor as much rain as that bank I had to drive under - - - OF COURSE!!! Isn't that how it always is????

I'm sure the bank employees wondered why a truck pulling a boat was parked in their lot!!!

7/11/2008 4:52 PM  
Blogger grammy said...

Those clouds look just like the ones Bettes on the weather channel was showing last evening and warning travelers not to take chances and try to drive into them!!!Of course it was being predicted where you guys were headed. So thankful you made it.

You should have sent those pix to weather channel!!! You can see some of those clouds were forming peeks towards the ground!!!

7/11/2008 5:29 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I really did think of NOT driving under them - - - - but HOW? We were already ON the interstate when we saw them. We had to go to the next exit at least.

7/11/2008 5:36 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Grammy - - - not to worry, those little points you see sticking down were not whirling. They were just wisps of clouds.

7/11/2008 8:30 PM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Keetha- I saw similar looking clouds as I drove today. Weird. MIne looked like the storm ones. I remember one night I was driving home with my mom, we were coming in from out of town and saw a cloud formation like the one you took pics of that looked like a mountain. The sun had set, it was dusk, yet the "mtn" cloud was lurking over the city. It was so diorenting. I didnt even feel like I knew where I was. It completley changed the landscape. My mom felt that way too. It was beyond wierd.

Glad you played along in sky fest. Where I am I am getting slow connection. But I am reading. Sorry if my comments are slow to you and slow to moderate.

Have a great weekend, K! Hope Chicago is grand.

PS-filled my car with my nest egg today too. May have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house....LOL...

7/11/2008 11:08 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Leigh, we only drove THROUGH Chicago, we are going to be in the Northwoods now for two weeks. We LOVE it up here and are so excited to be here.

Those clouds were scary. The second "mountain" seemed to have the most energy in it - - - and of course I was driving by then.

7/12/2008 7:13 AM  
Blogger nancygrayce said...

It stormed on us on the way home today! It's that time of year....the heat builds up during the day causing thunderstorms in the afternoons. Oh, I guess I should be a weathergirl! :)

7/13/2008 12:27 AM  
Blogger Jewel said...

I have taken quite an interest in the Indiana sky but I do not think I have seen a wall of clouds quite like those in the 1st and 2nd picture. They do like similar to a mountain hedge in the distance...
Beautiful.

7/13/2008 4:05 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

And scary, Jewel!!! I'd never seen ANYTHING like it in my life!!!

7/14/2008 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home